Memory: 128GB ECC
Dell HBA330 mini (IT mode)
Disks:
  2 x 250GB 12Gb/s SAS SSD
  14 x 1.9TB 12Gb/s SAS SSD
  2 x 512GB NVMe SSD
Network:
  LACP - 2 x 40Gbe Mellanox MT27500 [ConnectX-3]

I had 1 of spare drives in the pool showing UNAVL, so I removed it from the pool in Web UI, but after few hours poking into Web UI, could not find any way to add it back.. and next I probably did something stupid, so I think I should pause and ask for HELP :eek:

I jumped into command line and added that drive back

Code:
zpool add z2 da13

When.. I run scrub from Web UI and server crashed.. even since it has been constantly rebooting (assuming when it tries to mount a pool).

I was able to boot in Safe Mode with single user, so if I try to import zpool in there it crashes the server right away, w/o any messages. If I try to mount it with `-o readonly=on` seems like I see the pool

1618336983413.png

my suspicion that spare I imported does not look right and that the cause of problem, but not sure how I can remove it if I can only import that pool as readonly.

Last edited:

Diff

Dabbler
After almost a week of attempts trying to recover, still TrueNAS Core crashes constantly, even trying to mount my pool with `-o readonly=on`. Today I just gave up and installed TrueNAS Scale and it's day and night.

Way more stable comparing to FreeBSD based counterpart. Wow! :rolleyes:

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Glad that it worked. In the iX lab we aren't seeing this... but more SupermIcro MB, Chelsio or Intel NIcs and LSI HBAs. My guess is that there is a driver for your hardware with a bug in FreeBSD 12. If anyone else experiences something similar, it would be good to know.

Diff

Dabbler
Just in case it will be helpful, here is a dump of `lspci -v`

Attachments

• dell-r730xd.txt
    72.1 KB · Views: 264