NVIDIA Quadro K2000

hosker4u

Cadet
Code:
admin@truenas[~]$ lspci -v | grep NVIDIA     
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GK107GL [Quadro K2000] (rev a1) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
        Subsystem: NVIDIA Corporation GK107GL [Quadro K2000]
01:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation GK107 HDMI Audio Controller (rev a1)
        Subsystem: NVIDIA Corporation GK107 HDMI Audio Controller
admin@truenas[~]$ nvidia-smi           
NVIDIA-SMI has failed because it couldn't communicate with the NVIDIA driver. Make sure that the latest NVIDIA driver is installed and running.

I have Plex and Tdarr running as Apps.

I've just dug out my old Quadro K2000 and thought i'd stick it in to keep the transcoding load off the CPU.

Is this card too old? nvidia-smi does not seem happy.

Specs:
  • CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9650 @ 3.00GHz
  • Memory: 8GiB
  • Disk: 1x - 4TiB TOSHIBA_HDWD240
  • Graphics Card: Quadro K2000

jgreco

Resident Grinch
I have Plex and Tdarr running as Apps.

I've just dug out my old Quadro K2000 and thought i'd stick it in to keep the transcoding load off the CPU.

Is this card too old? nvidia-smi does not seem happy.

Welcome to the forums. These are the TrueNAS Community support forums, and we're mostly focused on providing support for the NAS aspect of your NAS. While people here may have some insights into general Plex or transcoding questions, your question about a very specific interaction between an ancient card and current Nvidia support for it is unlikely to garner useful responses, as very few other users here will happen to have one. You might be better off checking on the Nvidia support forums, or checking the documentation for nvidia-smi which does appear to contain relevant information about support for Kepler architecture GPU's.