Nvidia Quadro Install Help

itsryan

Dabbler
My main problem is my VGA port on my motherboard broke off and the board is not under warranty so I needed to look for a alterative solution to be able to see my local output. I got a Nvidia Quadro p400 to hopefully fix this problem. The card is installed but I get no source when trying to see any video. I am able to see the card when I run commands like lspci -v.
I am thinking maybe it needs a driver so i tried to install Nvidia drivers. As per the security in truenas, pkg wont work unless its in a jail.
When I try the command nvidia-smi I get "nvidia-smi: Command not found."

How can I use the new card for video output from the server?

Edit: my motherboard dose not support IPMI

Last edited:

rvassar

Guru
There should be a BIOS priority setting for PCIe graphics vs. onboard graphics. You need to change it to make the PCIe card the main console.

itsryan

Dabbler
There should be a BIOS priority setting for PCIe graphics vs. onboard graphics. You need to change it to make the PCIe card the main console.
I dont have access to any video output, and I am un aware of a way to change BIOS settings without one. do you know of the way for super micro motherboards

rvassar

Guru
Unfortunately, I do not. Without IPMI, you're likely out of luck. Do you have a friend that's handy with a soldering iron? Is there any chance of jury rigging the DB15?