not optimal multipath: Disk1 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfast500

Explorer
Setup my R510 and threw in a bunch of random spare drives to just to check it out.

I am getting a critical error saying The Following Multipaths are not optimal: disk1 ( I have no idea what this is)
dev/da1 is the only disk that is not listed under storage and is listed in a new tab thats called multipaths?

I ran a smart test on da1 and all checks out. I am not sure what multipath is or why its not listed as a normal /dev/daX device?

Is it possible my H200 is causing this issue?

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about

Mirfster

So assuming you are running the latest version of 9.10.1?
Is the disk the same make/model as the others?
All disks connected the same way to the same card?

Might want to wipe the disk and see what happens then. If the same, then we may be wanting the output of smartctl -a /dev/da1 to see if there are any issues with the drive itself.

joeschmuck

Old Man

Mirfster

tfast500

Explorer
I said the heck with it. Those Drives were not the drives I was going to use anyhow. I just finished installing the 6 x 3tb drives. Now all is well. I believe it was a bad drive... just glad it was nothing to do with the controller. My Server is already up and running however I had to recreate the shares... for whatever reason that did not pull over with the config? I will have to check if my clonedeploy still works but everything else seems fine :)

I do have one more error: Sept. 2, 2016, 6:31 p.m. - Firmware version 20 does not match driver version 21 for /dev/mps0. Please flash controller to P21 IT firmware.
I think I briefly read about this being some bug that I could ignore but will read the thread regarding it again for clearity

Mirfster

Status
Not open for further replies.