Not able to create jail and install plugins in China

tequila

Cadet
I recently upgraded from freenas to truenas with clean install not upgrade method as it did not work for me.

I am currently in Shanghai, China. So, is it because of the location it does not fetch any details from the truenas server. I tried to install simple plugin first but it got stuck and 20-50% which showed not able to create jail, and failed to fetch too. After doing some online search I have tried to do iocage fetch from shell command and through ssh terminal both are not able to complete the download for the necessary files. Is there any workaround that? for which i can do this manually as I do not have VPN in trunas and it may be restricted here in China.
Any form of help if much appriciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

joeschmuck

Old Man
While this does not help you, I do think you could be on the right track, China is probably restricting your access. Not being a hacker, I have no idea how to get around something like that and I'd think the Chinese government would know how to block everything in/out of their country. Remember, they control the narrative. With any luck, it's just a down server and tomorrow you will have better luck.

tequila

Cadet
While this does not help you, I do think you could be on the right track, China is probably restricting your access. Not being a hacker, I have no idea how to get around something like that and I'd think the Chinese government would know how to block everything in/out of their country. Remember, they control the narrative. With any luck, it's just a down server and tomorrow you will have better luck.
Thank you for your response. Unfortunately I have been trying for 1 week, so far no luck. When I run iocage fetch, it does get some part of the file but not the complete 100% and it takes very long time, sometime few hours to get to 5-8% and at the end its not able to finish the feth, it is happening everytime. Is there any different ways that I can get these files manually from other place and install the package in such ways?

joeschmuck

Old Man
Is there any different ways that I can get these files manually from other place and install the package in such ways?
There might be but I do not know how to accomplish this, plus you would still need to download the packages and just not sure you have internet access to those. I was hoping it was a temporary server outage but maybe not.