(noob) SAS to sata - M1015 cables?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodfatherX64

Dabbler
hi
i just bought IBM M1015
but i don't know what or which cables i should buy (noob o_O) for 8 x 4 Tb WD Red

can you provide me a link for the cables from eBay or Amazon

thanks

danb35

Hall of Famer
Presuming you're wanting to connect it to SATA drives, you need SFF8087-to-SATA breakout cables. Be careful not to get reverse breakout cables--they have the same connectors on each end, but are not the same thing. This listing on eBay should fit the bill.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Looks to me like it should work. I'm a little confused by the "10 Gbps" indication, though--AFAIK, the relevant speeds here would be 3, 6, or 12 Gbps, but maybe I'm missing something.

GodfatherX64

Dabbler
im confused , there are alot of options on eBay , i just don't know which to buy , i want a link for one that is reliable and not so expensive and will buy it , the thing is i live in egypt and i will order 2 for m1015 and i will not have the ability to return it , i really appreciate your help guys

danb35

Hall of Famer
Unfortunately, I can't help you with "reliable". What I posted is what I ordered, but it hasn't arrived yet. The link you posted looks like it should work too.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Well, the cables I ordered (and gave you the link to) don't work--the right-angle SFF-8087 connector doesn't work with the way the connectors are placed on the board. Time for take two...

Status
Not open for further replies.