BUILD Need help with SAS M1015 cables and what cable, HDD & power ends look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StitchExperimen

Dabbler
Need M1015 SAS cables longer than 20 inches, where do I get them? .6 meter are 23 inches
I have a Fractal Arc XL and the bottom drives are to far away. The SATA cables I have been "playing" with are 20 inch.

Next question... I read and it says 16 drives and I only see 2 cables with 4 ends each = total 8!!! What am I missing in my thinking? Is it M1015 x2?

Now I'm talking on the phone today and a guy refers to a SAS HDD as having 2 (read?) input cables (or I think that's what I hear?) and so can anybody shed some light, thanks in advance.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Need M1015 SAS cables longer than 20 inches, where do I get them? .6 meter are 23 inches
I have a Fractal Arc XL and the bottom drives are to far away. The SATA cables I have been "playing" with are 20 inch.

Next question... I read and it says 16 drives and I only see 2 cables with 4 ends each = total 8!!! What am I missing in my thinking? Is it M1015 x2?

Now I'm talking on the phone today and a guy refers to a SAS HDD as having 2 (read?) input cables (or I think that's what I hear?) and so can anybody shed some light, thanks in advance.

What are your drives?
SAS cables should be easy to find in any major retailer that sells this kind of stuff (including Amazon).

To use more than 8 drives, you'd need an SAS expander or a second HBA. The controller, in IT mode and with the help of expanders, should allow for at least 64 (I'm almost certain it's more) drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.