NocoDB is the new Airtable

NocoDB is the new Airtable 0.1

zamana

Contributor
zamana submitted a new resource:

NocoDB is the new Airtable - How to install NocoDB in a FreeBSD or TrueNAS jail

Hi all!

I don't know if Orange is the new Black, but it seems that NocoDB can be the new Airtable. And hosted in your own environment.

Feel free to complain regarding what's wrong or give me compliments for my work.

Thanks.
Regards.

Read more about this resource...

danb35

Hall of Famer
Someone else who thinkspkg is apt:
1632434346128.png

This is redundant; only pkg upgrade is needed. But aside from that, looks like a good write-up. As a matter of preference, I like not including the shell prompt with commands, as it makes it easier to copy and paste the commands.

Maybe a bit of an introduction or description of NocoDB would be helpful?

zamana

Contributor
Hello danb35!

I'm glad to get your feedback. Thanks!

1) pkg update/upgrade

Well... now you make me think... but sometimes, after a long time without messing up in a jail, the "pkg upgrade" command shows nothing or doesn't work at all. Then, after "pkg update" and the update of the "pkg" command itself, everything goes back to normal. So I decided to leave this way, just for completion.

2) Shell prompts.
Removed. Good idea. Thanks.

3) NocoDB
While creating the Resource, there are fields to point to sites, another resources etc, but I don't know where they gone...

Anyway, Airtable is an web app that creates "smart spreadsheets/apps" from databases. NocoDB is the free and self hosted version of this kind of app.

Did I help?

Thanks.
Regards.