Resource icon

How to get FlareSolverr in a jail 1.0

zamana

Contributor

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I’m not sure I understand what this solves or how this works.

zamana

Contributor
Have you ever tried to access a site that is behind Cloud Fare? Well... FlareSolverr is an attempt to bypass this protection.

The motivation to develop FlareSolverr came from Jackett, another application developed to create "interfaces" between Sonarr, Radarr and Lidarr and torrent sites.

fredotask

Dabbler
Thank you zamana, fantastic !
My installation is OK, FlareSolverr is running.

I've got this problem with YGG : https://github.com/Jackett/Jackett/issues/12634
[yggtorrent] FlareSolverr was unable to process the request, please check FlareSolverr logs. Message: Unable to process browser request. Error: Error: Maximum timeout reached. maxTimeout=55000 (ms) (Config)

But I don't know how to change Environment variables in my jail.
Can you help me ?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Have you ever tried to access a site that is behind Cloud Fare?
Yes, what feels like a quarter of the Internet sits behind Cloudflare.

Now, my question, and let me put on my moderator hat for this:

<Moderator hat>
Why is there discussion here of bypassing services meant for DDoS protection, spam prevention and the like? At the very least, employing such measures is a kind request for you to change your access patterns if your traffic ends up blocked. Some might argue for a certain degree of illegality, in some jurisdictions.
So, what's the legitimate use case here?
</Moderator hat>

On a purely technical level, I'm guessing (weird way of spelling "reading") that there's some sort of proxying going on. So, traditional VPN transfers the problem, which leaves something like TOR. I don't know if things have changed, but I distinctly recall much of the TOR community not being too fond of torrents over TOR.

zamana

Contributor
Yes, what feels like a quarter of the Internet sits behind Cloudflare.

Now, my question, and let me put on my moderator hat for this:

<Moderator hat>
Why is there discussion here of bypassing services meant for DDoS protection, spam prevention and the like? At the very least, employing such measures is a kind request for you to change your access patterns if your traffic ends up blocked. Some might argue for a certain degree of illegality, in some jurisdictions.
So, what's the legitimate use case here?
</Moderator hat>

On a purely technical level, I'm guessing (weird way of spelling "reading") that there's some sort of proxying going on. So, traditional VPN transfers the problem, which leaves something like TOR. I don't know if things have changed, but I distinctly recall much of the TOR community not being too fond of torrents over TOR.

Hi!

I understand you concern, but I'm quite sure that this has nothing to do with TOR or some other kind of illegality.

I guess that the best way to know what FlareSolverr is, is to access the site and read the content.

Anyway, if you came to the conclusion that this resource is inappropriate, just tell me and I will remove it. No hard feelings.

Regards.

Last edited:

NasKar

Guru
@zamana thanks so much for the resource. I had no idea how to translate flaresolverr to truenas.
When everything is working will 1337x work in Jackett?

I followed your directions and got the successful response in your testing section. When I exec
Code:
service flaresolverr status
flaresolverr is not running.

I've follow the instruction in section 7 and
Code:
netstat -an | grep 8191
gives no response.

Thanks for your help.

zamana

Contributor
@zamana thanks so much for the resource. I had no idea how to translate flaresolverr to truenas.
When everything is working will 1337x work in Jackett?

I followed your directions and got the successful response in your testing section. When I exec
Code:
service flaresolverr status

I've follow the instruction in section 7 and
Code:
netstat -an | grep 8191
gives no response.

Thanks for your help.

Hi!

I guess you need to execute "service flaresolverr start" before checking if it is really running...

Did you do that?

Regardind 1337x, in my case it is working:

jackett.png

Last edited:

zamana

Contributor
Thank you zamana, fantastic !
My installation is OK, FlareSolverr is running.

I've got this problem with YGG : https://github.com/Jackett/Jackett/issues/12634
[yggtorrent] FlareSolverr was unable to process the request, please check FlareSolverr logs. Message: Unable to process browser request. Error: Error: Maximum timeout reached. maxTimeout=55000 (ms) (Config)

But I don't know how to change Environment variables in my jail.
Can you help me ?

I came to the conclusion that FlareSolverr does not solve all CloudFare issues.

Regardind environement variables, I guess that this "maxTimeout" is somewhere inside the source code, that uses NodeJS to run, which I don't understand at all... :smile:

NasKar

Guru
I tried again from scratch and still can't get service faresolverr start to work but at least the netstat command shows it's listening
Code:
root@freenasSuper:~ # chmod +x /usr/local/etc/rc.d/flaresolverr
root@freenasSuper:~ # sysrc flaresolverr_enable=YES
flaresolverr_enable:  -> YES
root@freenasSuper:~ # service flaresolverr start
cd: /usr/local/share/FlareSolverr: No such file or directory
Starting flaresolverr.
root@freenasSuper:~ # service flaresolverr status
root@freenasSuper:~ # netstat -an | grep 8191
tcp4       0      0 192.168.5.86.8191      *.*                    LISTEN  

zamana

Contributor
(...)
cd: /usr/local/share/FlareSolverr: No such file or directory
(...)

There's something wrong here...

Check the name of the folder where you deploy FlareSolverr...

Code:
root@flaresolverr:~ # service flaresolverr status
root@flaresolverr:~ # service flaresolverr start
Starting flaresolverr.
root@flaresolverr:~ # service flaresolverr status
flaresolverr is running as pid 1563.
root@flaresolverr:~ # netstat -an
Active Internet connections (including servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address          Foreign Address        (state)
tcp4       0      0 *.8191                 *.*                    LISTEN
tcp4       0      0 192.168.0.103.59555    142.251.128.46.443     TIME_WAIT
tcp4       0      0 192.168.0.103.59552    142.251.128.131.443    TIME_WAIT
tcp4       0      0 192.168.0.103.59551    142.251.129.196.443    TIME_WAIT
tcp4       0      0 127.0.0.1.59549        127.0.0.1.59550        TIME_WAIT
Active UNIX domain sockets
Address          Type   Recv-Q Send-Q            Inode             Conn             Refs          Nextref Addr
fffff80f09e04900 dgram       0      0                0 fffff80028991700                0 fffff8007b9c4400
fffff8007b9c4400 dgram       0      0                0 fffff80028991700                0                0
fffff80028991700 dgram       0      0 fffff8029543b1e0                0 fffff80f09e04900                0 /var/run/logpriv
fffff80028a5fa00 dgram       0      0 fffff8029543b3c0                0                0                0 /var/run/log
root@flaresolverr:~ #

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I’m getting a decent idea of what this does, but the real question that seems to keep being dodged is “why would this be needed except for nefarious purposes”.

fredotask

Dabbler
I came to the conclusion that FlareSolverr does not solve all CloudFare issues.

Regardind environement variables, I guess that this "maxTimeout" is somewhere inside the source code, that uses NodeJS to run, which I don't understand at all... :smile:
OK thank you :wink:
I will update this post if I find a solution...

zamana

Contributor
I’m getting a decent idea of what this does, but the real question that seems to keep being dodged is “why would this be needed except for nefarious purposes”.

I consider it as a tool to execute an expected human task without human intervention in a headless and unassisted environment.

"Automation", in other words.

NasKar

Guru
Strange. Left it alone overnight and now service flaresolverr status shows it's running and 1337x is working in Jackett. Don't know why but happy if works. Thanks for your help.

answer35

Dabbler
Hi guys,
I'm new to TrueNAS and I did install Jackett and followed the guide to install FlareSolverr.
service flaresolverr status gives me running status. when I add flaresolverr URL into jackett it is fine also. But when I try to add an indexer "YggTorrent" I am having a huge error message:

Error connecting to FlareSolverr server: System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Connection refused ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Connection refused at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.ConnectAsync (System.String host, System.Int32 port, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x00110] in <28f499dad82444d1b9c9d01dc98b44d6>:0 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.ConnectAsync (System.String host, System.Int32 port, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x001ac] in <28f499dad82444d1b9c9d01dc98b44d6>:0 at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.CreateConnectionAsync (System.Net.Http.HttpRequestMessage request, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x00134] in <28f499dad82444d1b9c9d01dc98b44d6>:0 at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.WaitForCreatedConnectionAsync (System.Threading.Tasks.ValueTask`1[TResult] creationTask) [0x000a2] in <28f499dad82444d1b9c9d01dc98b44d6>:0 at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.SendWithRetryAsync (System.Net.Http.HttpRequestMessage request, System.Boolean doRequestAuth, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x00089] in <28f499dad82444d1b9c9d01dc98b44d6>:0 at System.Net.Http.RedirectHandler.SendAsync (System.Net.Http.HttpRequestMessage request, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x000ba] in <28f499dad82444d1b9c9d01dc98b44d6>:0 at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.FinishSendAsyncBuffered (System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[TResult] sendTask, System.Net.Http.HttpRequestMessage request, System.Threading.CancellationTokenSource cts, System.Boolean disposeCts) [0x0017e] in <28f499dad82444d1b9c9d01dc98b44d6>:0 at FlareSolverrSharp.Solvers.FlareSolverr+<>c__DisplayClass10_0.b__0 () [0x0009e] in :0

Is there anyone who can understand what it means and what I missed please ?

zamana

Contributor
"Connection refused"...

Are you pointing to FlareSolverr URL correctly? Address, protocol, port?

answer35

Dabbler
"Connection refused"...

Are you pointing to FlareSolverr URL correctly? Address, protocol, port?
I think yes, in configuration is I mismatch the address I have an error message when I save config. but now it is okay. I will try to remove flaresloverr config and do it again to check. BTW thanks for fast reply :)

answer35

Dabbler
No nothing seems to make it work. Now even if I set a wrong IP address it set it, that's all when in first install it was always warning me that there were an issue. I don't get it :( I have set Jackett & FlareSolverr in NAT config with NAT port forwarding.
192.168.1.10:8191 redirect me to flaresolverr webpage with that message :
{"msg":"FlareSolverr is ready!","version":"v2.1.0","userAgent":"Mozilla/5.0 (X11; FreeBSD amd64; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) HeadlessChrome/94.0.4606.81 Safari/537.36"}
Jackett config :
1643323348044.png

Don't know what I am missing here :'(

zamana

Contributor
One thing is to get FlareSolverr installed and running in a jail. It seems that this part was accomplished.

Another thing is to get it working...

For this second thing, the only way I see is to search and look for help in the FlareSolverr community: