Installing NZBGet (the right way!) on FreeBSD/TrueNAS jail

Installing NZBGet (the right way!) on FreeBSD/TrueNAS jail 2022-11-22

zamana

Contributor
zamana submitted a new resource:

Installing NZBGet (the right way!) on FreeBSD/TrueNAS jail - Instructions for installing NZBGet on FreeBSD or in a TrueNAS jail

I'm not claiming that NZBGet is difficult or complex to get running, but in order to not spent time on something that I configured in the past and need to do again recently, here is the tutorial.

By the way, I saw some old unanswered/abandoned threads asking for this, so here it is.

I hope this will help someone.

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:

malconus

Cadet
Hi, I get to step 3.7 in your github article and when I run service nzbget start I get the message su: no directory. Any ideas on what could be causing this? My start script is called nzbget and is located in the folder /usr/local/etc/rc.d. Is that correct?

zamana

Contributor
Hello malconus!

Can you paste here the contents of your "/etc/rc.conf" file and the result of id plex, please?

Thanks!

malconus

Cadet
Hi Zamana,

I've replied on github (atratus7). Do you want me to put the same information in here or confine the chat to git?

zamana

Contributor
Hi!

I guess that we can focus our discussion on Github. This way people outside TrueNAS community will benefit from the knowledge that will come from this issue that you came to us.

Thanks!

Starman

Dabbler
<edit> My mistake totally didn't see the "goto download" button at the top right