Resource icon

How to get FlareSolverr in a jail 1.0

answer35

Dabbler
One thing is to get FlareSolverr installed and running in a jail. It seems that this part was accomplished.

Another thing is to get it working...

For this second thing, the only way I see is to search and look for help in the FlareSolverr community:

Okay so at least from TrueNAS side, you don't think that I missed something so that's kind of good news.
One thing also but it seems that I cannot add Jackett as indexer to radaar and I don't know why, related? it really seems that those jails cannot communicate between them ?

Mannekino

Patron
I followed the guide but I'm getting stuck at the npm run build part. Here is the output of my console. I also got a warning regarding Puppeteer being deprecated. Any thoughts on what I did wrong and how to resolve this?

Code:
root@flaresolverr:/usr/local/share/FlareSolverr # npm run build

> flaresolverr@2.2.1 build
> tsc

src/controllers/v1.ts:2:24 - error TS2307: Cannot find module 'devtools-protocol' or its corresponding type declarations.

2 import {Protocol} from "devtools-protocol";
                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

src/providers/cloudflare.ts:1:34 - error TS7016: Could not find a declaration file for module 'puppeteer'. '/usr/local/share/FlareSolverr/node_modules/puppeteer/index.js' implicitly has an 'any' type.
  Try `npm i --save-dev @types/puppeteer` if it exists or add a new declaration (.d.ts) file containing `declare module 'puppeteer';`

1 import {Page, HTTPResponse} from 'puppeteer'
                                   ~~~~~~~~~~~

src/providers/cloudflare.ts:63:53 - error TS7006: Parameter 'selector' implicitly has an 'any' type.

63           const displayStyle = await page.evaluate((selector) => {
                                                       ~~~~~~~~

src/services/sessions.ts:3:23 - error TS7016: Could not find a declaration file for module 'puppeteer'. '/usr/local/share/FlareSolverr/node_modules/puppeteer/index.js' implicitly has an 'any' type.
  Try `npm i --save-dev @types/puppeteer` if it exists or add a new declaration (.d.ts) file containing `declare module 'puppeteer';`

3 import {Browser} from 'puppeteer'
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~

src/services/sessions.ts:4:24 - error TS2307: Cannot find module 'devtools-protocol' or its corresponding type declarations.

4 import {Protocol} from "devtools-protocol";
                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

src/services/solver.ts:1:34 - error TS7016: Could not find a declaration file for module 'puppeteer'. '/usr/local/share/FlareSolverr/node_modules/puppeteer/index.js' implicitly has an 'any' type.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Found 6 errors.

zamana

Contributor
Unfortunately FlareSolverr 2.1.0 is the only version that works in FreeBSD yet.

alexhore

Explorer
I followed the guide but I'm getting stuck at the npm run build part. Here is the output of my console. I also got a warning regarding Puppeteer being deprecated. Any thoughts on what I did wrong and how to resolve this?

Code:
root@flaresolverr:/usr/local/share/FlareSolverr # npm run build

> flaresolverr@2.2.1 build
> tsc

src/controllers/v1.ts:2:24 - error TS2307: Cannot find module 'devtools-protocol' or its corresponding type declarations.

2 import {Protocol} from "devtools-protocol";
                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

src/providers/cloudflare.ts:1:34 - error TS7016: Could not find a declaration file for module 'puppeteer'. '/usr/local/share/FlareSolverr/node_modules/puppeteer/index.js' implicitly has an 'any' type.

~~~~~~~~~~~

src/providers/cloudflare.ts:63:53 - error TS7006: Parameter 'selector' implicitly has an 'any' type.

63           const displayStyle = await page.evaluate((selector) => {
                                                       ~~~~~~~~

src/services/sessions.ts:3:23 - error TS7016: Could not find a declaration file for module 'puppeteer'. '/usr/local/share/FlareSolverr/node_modules/puppeteer/index.js' implicitly has an 'any' type.

3 import {Browser} from 'puppeteer'
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~

src/services/sessions.ts:4:24 - error TS2307: Cannot find module 'devtools-protocol' or its corresponding type declarations.

4 import {Protocol} from "devtools-protocol";
                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

src/services/solver.ts:1:34 - error TS7016: Could not find a declaration file for module 'puppeteer'. '/usr/local/share/FlareSolverr/node_modules/puppeteer/index.js' implicitly has an 'any' type.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Found 6 errors.
Code:
Replace
git clone https://github.com/FlareSolverr/FlareSolverr.git

With
git clone https://github.com/FlareSolverr/FlareSolverr.git
cd FlareSolverr/
git checkout tags/v2.1.0 -f
cd ../

That got it installed and responding for me, but then its not doing what it says on the tin. Might need to be on latest or there could be other issues.

That got it installed and responding for me, but then its not doing what it says on the tin. Might need to be on latest or there could be other issues.
That's where I'm stuck too. FS is running and trying to respond to cloudflare challenges but failes. Both Flaresolverr and puppeteer are deprecated in this implementation. I had no luck with installing it with the @latest branch.

zamana

Contributor
Please, see my post #20.

Only FlareSolverr 2.1.0 works for us. Any other version has issues with Puppeteer, Node and other things that I don't understand.

Mannekino

Patron
Yeah I managed to get FlareSolverr working by downloading the ZIP file for version 2.1.0. It seems to be running but it didn't fix my Jackett issues unfortunately I had with one particular tracker. However that tracker has a bunch of other URLs to use and one of them isn'tn behind CloudFlare so I'm using that for now. Too bad I couldn't get it properly fixed with FlareSolverr.