No Signal to VGA cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

balbir97

Cadet
I bought the FreeNAS mini ( https://www.ixsystems.com/freenas-mini/ ) last week and it seems to work great. Though I am not able to get the display on my monitor via the VGA cable. Monitor complains there is no signal.

Is there something I need to enable in BIOS ? I can perfectly connect to it via serial console ( BMC )

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Did you have a keyboard and monitor connected to the device when it was powered on? Some video cards don't initialize unless a monitor is detected at first power.
Did you check the pins in the cable to ensure none are bent? I have seen a bent pin prevent a monitor from being detected.

balbir97

Cadet
Thank you for the quick reply,

I bought new cable and I am connecting a VGA cable with HDMI convertor to my Dell Monitor but it's doesn't get any signal. I do not see any bent pin and keyboard is connected while I switch it on.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
The monitor only has HDMI input? It could easily be that the adapter only works one way and is intended to connect to a computer instead of connecting to a monitor. Do you have an old monitor that has a VGA input?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Thank you, I will look for VGA to HDMI convertor
That sounds painful. Instead, read the quick start guide and learn to use IPMI. You'll thank us later, trust me. IPMI is immensely convenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.