FreeNAS mini XL (ixSystems) doesn't work (VGA)

wizkid

Cadet
Hello,
I've mini XL (bought in 2016).
I noticed today that I can't reach to IP address assigned to freeNAS (was working around last week or so)
I tried debugging by connecting VGA monitor but either there is no signal on VGA or there is problem with cable (I used same cable sometime last year)
I would like to know few things:
1. Should I pursue changing VGA cable to be certain it's not cable issue?
2. If it's not cable issue, how can I debug it.

Not sure if it matters but system still has tamper proof sticker, however it's been more than one year so I guess I can open it if needed.

Thanks

colmconn

Contributor
If I recall correctly, those Minis have a C2750 based motherboard. This sounds like a common failure mode for boards with this chip. It's behaving like mine when it failed. If I were you I'd contact iX about it. There were manufacturer flaws that resulted in this failure mode and the warranty may still cover it. There's a long thread stuck to the top of this sub-forum detailing the woes people (including me) have had with this board.

wizkid

Cadet
If I recall correctly, those Minis have a C2750 based motherboard. This sounds like a common failure mode for boards with this chip. It's behaving like mine when it failed. If I were you I'd contact iX about it. There were manufacturer flaws that resulted in this failure mode and the warranty may still cover it. There's a long thread stuck to the top of this sub-forum detailing the woes people (including me) have had with this board.
Thanks for pointer, I'm assuming you are referring to https://www.ixsystems.com/community...s-system-fault-may-lead-to-dead-system.50314/
I'll check with iX