No networking in iocage jail after upgrade to 11.1 U5

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetSoerfer

Explorer
This was discussed in iocage, vnet0, and bridge0 too, where another tunable was suggested:
Code:
Variable : cloned_interfaces ; Value : bridge0
It works on my 11.1-U5, although I'm actually not entirely sure if I've rebooted it yet since adding that. :)

RootBeer

Cadet
Thanks dureal99d. It's one of the several things I also tried before, but unfortunately on my system (HP Proliant microserver gen8) it did not work.

dureal99d

Contributor
Thanks dureal99d. It's one of the several things I also tried before, but unfortunately on my system (HP Proliant microserver gen8) it did not work.
Yes RootBeer, I too am having issues with this. No biggie until its fixed ill just manually enter the command, its not a super biggie.

Mlovelace

Guru
I had the same problem when I upgraded to 11.1-U5. It looks like the physical interface isn't being placed into promiscuous mode since the update so I added [promisc] to the interface options and the iocage jails network came right back.

promisc.PNG

diskdiddler

Wizard
You guys clearly know your stuff, can anyone in this thread tell me if the issues you're describing would cause VMWare issues too?

https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...ware-having-iocage-networking-problems.68379/

I'm using nightly and stable, it's causing me an embarassing amount of issues and I'm wasting other peoples times unfortunately with bogus fault reports.
What exactly needs to be changed, to make FreeNAS behave properly under VMWare for decent testing?

Status
Not open for further replies.