No disc showing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garryab12

Cadet
Hello,
This is my first attempt at freenas I recently acuired a data domain dd630 and I installed freenas on it fine and I can login fine but it dissent show any disc at all on the GUI or in shell command camcontrol devlist it only shows the usb drive. There is 6 1tb western digital black drives that were formated before installng. Help please I don' have much hair left to pull out!!

MrToddsFriends

Documentation Browser
[...] but it dissent show any disc at all on the GUI or in shell command camcontrol devlist it only shows the usb drive. There is 6 1tb western digital black drives that were formated before installng.

Please tell us some more details about the controller/HBA which connects SATA/SAS devices to the system in this data domain dd630. Without knowing more I would suggest that hardware incompatible with FreeNAS is your main problem.

What exactly do you mean by "formatted before installing"? Seems to be a counterproductive step before installing FreeNAS as FreeNAS handles such tasks without foreign help, using solely ZFS as its only supported file system.

Last edited:

Garryab12

Cadet
I am not sure what HBA is in it. It is integrated into a riser card. I have two spare H700 controllers laying around and am thinking about trying one of them. I formated all of the old hard drives because they were in an old raid from a dell MD3000 and just wanted to be sure.

MrToddsFriends

Documentation Browser
Status
Not open for further replies.