no connection allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I let my box sit without booting it up for many years, when i finally did the volume didn't mount. with a monitor connected i see the ip 0.0.0.0. is reset.
i reset path an gave it the old working ip. still not connecting to GUI. not sure how to diagnose this. i think i needed command line to get tis all running in the past, it was very reliable.

So the laptop i use has seen several os updates. i was thinking i have some software conflict and could build a newer freeness with 11 and put the drives in to connect and see whats there. or is there an easier way to mount this volume that im missing?

Asus E35M-1

4G RAM

4 WD red 2TB?

raid card

Last edited:

garm

Wizard
So many questions.. to start with; what IP did you expect would work? and why?

garm

Wizard
Is that address part of the network you’re on?

well i always connected cat5 straight to the laptop. i treated it as external storage since it was in the same room

yes the ip dress would be in the range of all devices in the network. i tried giving the freenas an address outside of the range like 192.168.1.305
still no GUI and sometimes a warning that the device won't allow other users to connect.

garm

Wizard
So you have both WiFi and Ethernet connected when you connect to FreeNAS?

garm

Wizard
Please be more specific. What version are you on? Have you reinstalled FreeNAS or are you on the original version? What address/mask do your Ethernet interface on your client have? What address/mask did you give FreeNAS? Why do you conclude the pool didn’t import on boot? When you try to connect to FreeNAS, do your client have any other network interfaces running?

version 8.2
i have only reset Ipv4 settings a few times after boot but never was able to get GUI loaded
not sure of client address
i gave freenas addresses that once worked and ones within a standard range
mask is 255.255.255.0
i don't know the status of the pool - it was a single pool in raid with 4WD red hdd at 3TB each
the laptop is connected to home wifi and i used eternity to connect direct to freenas that always worked fine

alexxxxx_p

Cadet
I'd suggest to physically connect to the machine and find out the IP from the terminal, IMHO the fastest way.

Status
Not open for further replies.