Nightlies are finally coming back to life..

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gcooper

Just finished tweaking everything to get amd64 and i386 building on the right track and now I think that we can officially say that the FreeNAS nightlies are off the ground again.

- The i386 image should be posted in another couple hours.
- The images are "skinny" images, i.e. no toolchain, headers, etc.
- I'll be posting the 'multimedia nightlies' with different suffixes after I tweak some stuff.

Now for that cron job :)..

Tekkie

Patron
How about the _Upgrade images? :)

Tekkie

Patron
PS. I am trying to setup a continuous build for FreeNAS8 trunk + some branch(es) on AWS should be the perfect location for it.

Tekkie

Patron
?

GUI_Upgrades were misnamed until this morning. That's been fixed..
I guess the fix will become visible with the next nightly build?

Tekkie

Patron
Saw it :) however my early morning build on 8r8559 just finished and installed... now its time to get this baby up on AWS (Amazon's cloude) and automate the building. :)

alexwill22

Dabbler
It would be nice if they provide release notes on the changes to the nightlies. I don't want to go installing something without knowing what the changes are.

G

gcooper

It would be nice if they provide release notes on the changes to the nightlies. I don't want to go installing something without knowing what the changes are.

Your expectations of developers are a bit too high.

Just do the following to determine what changed between versions:

svn diff -r <old-version>:<new-version> trunk
svn log -r <old-version>:<new-version> trunk

alexwill22

Dabbler
Your expectations of developers are a bit too high.

Just do the following to determine what changed between versions:

No, that is just being lazy. Ever since they went to version 8 and trying to make money off the software and hardware.

I would like them to tell a company "Hey, if you want to know the release notes for difference between the beta updates, just type:

If you can't figure that out then you expectations of our product is way too high."

G

gcooper

I would like them to tell a company "Hey, if you want to know the release notes for difference between the beta updates, just type:

If you can't figure that out then you expectations of our product is way too high."

Lessee.. I've worked at the University of Washington, Intel, Cisco, Cisco IronPort, and now iXsystems; none of the above groups has implemented anything like that on a nightly or pre-release alpha basis. It's a completely different ball of wax for the legacy branch of FreeNAS with Daisuke as it's for all intents and purposes dev complete in terms of core functionality. FreeNAS 8 is still under development in a number of ways.

I'm open to modifying how commits are done to better document what's being done though to automate release note generation, and I will start producing release notes for 8.2, but I'm not going to document every item in the nightlies; that's what commit logs are for.

Status
Not open for further replies.