NGinx Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

crosbb

Cadet
First - thanks to everyone for the support on this forum. I learned a lot over the last few weeks.

Running 8.3 RC

I have my new build up and running. I have the last of my files transferring over and sabnzbd, sickbeard and couchpotato running - Thanks Joshua for the write-ups on that.

I am trying to get nginx going.

When i do

Code:
pkg_add -r nginx

I get:

Fetching ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/amd64/packages-8.3-release/Late
st/nginx.tbz... Done.
pkg_add: warning: package 'nginx-1.0.14,1' requires 'pcre-8.30_1', but 'pcre-8.3
0_2' is installed

I configured everything anyways then I tried to

Code:
service nginx start

and get this:

Performing sanity check on nginx configuration:
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libpcre.so.1" not found, required by "nginx
"
Starting nginx.
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libpcre.so.1" not found, required by "nginx
"
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/nginx: WARNING: failed to start nginx
software#

I don't want to mess anything up. Any ideas?

Thanks

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
You didn't miss anything that I noticed. For some reason the pcre you have installed doesn't work with the nginx found in the freebsd8.3 repo. I recommend snapshoting your jail before messing with it.

What version is your plugin jail? Did you upgrade it from 8.2?

you can force deinstallation of pcre+nginx, then reinstall everything nginx with the proper dependencies with the below, though this might possibly break other things in your jail that depend on pcre.
Code:
pkg_delete -f pcre-8.30_2
pkg_delete nginx-1.0.14,1
pkg_add -r nginx

crosbb

Cadet
I didn't upgrade, everything was fresh 8.3 RC1, including the plugins jail.

I installed the following pbis that you provided all version 1
sabnzbd
sickbeard
couchpotato
maraschino

I also installed mysql and followed these instructions, also provided by you.

I never installed pcre directly, so I don't know what would be using it or what it is. I also take it that both versions of pcre can't coexist?

I think i'll try doing what you said after I snapshot the jail . - that's a first for me as well, but something I better learn.

One other thought, if I just wait is it likely nginx will get updated to use the newest version?

Thanks

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I didn't upgrade, everything was fresh 8.3 RC1, including the plugins jail.

I installed the following pbis that you provided all version 1
sabnzbd
sickbeard
couchpotato
maraschino

I also installed mysql and followed these instructions, also provided by you.

I never installed pcre directly, so I don't know what would be using it or what it is. I also take it that both versions of pcre can't coexist?

I think i'll try doing what you said after I snapshot the jail . - that's a first for me as well, but something I better learn.

One other thought, if I just wait is it likely nginx will get updated to use the newest version?

Thanks

I don't know, weird this isn't working..

Status
Not open for further replies.