Errors with php on new jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernard Mentink

Contributor
Hi,

I have errors after creating a fresh jail and installing nginx. The web page works for html, but php just shows a blank page.
On investigation "php -m" shows:
Code:
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/20131226/gd.so' - /lib/libz.so.6: version ZLIB_1.2.9 required by /usr/local/lib/libpng16.so.16 not found in Unknown on line 0
[PHP Modules]

Core
date
ereg
libxml
mbstring
mysqlnd
openssl
pcre
Reflection
session
SPL
standard
xml
zlib

[Zend Modules]

So it looks like an upgrade issue. I have installed nginx and php56 using "pkg" and have done a "pkg update/upgrade" but still the same errors.
What is the correct way to upgrade jails ... I am continously getting caught by this ... it is a pain in the rear ... :)

Any help much appreciated..

EDIT:
Or maybe the above is ared-herring and the error is to do with FASTCGI, this error in the nginx error.log:
Code:
2018/04/02 15:51:45 [error] 8837#101900: *1 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function filter_var() in /usr/local/www/dokuwiki/lib/plugins/quickstats/scripts/php-inet6_1.0.2/valid_v6.php on line 20" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.178.95, server: localhost, request: "GET /doku.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php-fpm.sock:", host: "192.168.178.5"

Last edited:

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Sounds like a php configuration issue. Did you follow a guide or tutorial when you installed everything?

Bernard Mentink

Contributor
Hi,

I did use a guide. I found the issue. I was missing the php56-filter package. Fixed now.

I still would like to know how to upgrade jails that has OS's at EOL. ... I guess I should open another topic on that though ..

Bernard Mentink

Contributor
Thanks, I had seen something similar, but I am stumped at the use of iocage. I installed the jail with the gui, so iocage is not available, and a search for iocage with pkg only shows a python version, is that what should be used? (py36-iocage)

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
It's built in to FreeNAS starting with 11.0. The new GUI is/will be tied to Iocage once it's feature complete. For now it's best to use the CLI to manage and create Iocage jails. Searching the forums as well as the Iocage docs will get you going in the right direction.

Bernard Mentink

Contributor
Right, I am using 11.1 but no iocage command. So I take it that jails created with the gui, cannot be upgraded with iocage at the moment, true?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Jails created with the old UI are warden based jails and can not be upgraded. Only jails created with iocage can be upgraded.

Bernard Mentink

Contributor
Thanks, that has cleared it up. I had a quick look at the new UI and it shows no jails or plugins ... I guess that is because they are not iocage .....
(kept getting error boxes pop up about iocage)

So effectively that means to use the new UI I would have to re-create all my jails and plugins ... correct? bummer!

Not sure I want to do that, not impressed with the flashy, but slow new UI, I think I prefer the old one .. it just works ..

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
I guess that is because they are not iocage .....
Correct.
So effectively that means to use the new UI I would have to re-create all my jails and plugins ... correct?
Correct again unfortunately.
Not sure I want to do that, not impressed with the flashy, but slow new UI
It's still a work in progress. Function comes first and then they are going to work on polishing it later. At least that's what's been stated here in the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.