SOLVED Nginx custom path

HikariNass

Cadet
Hello everybody! so I have a volume called APP where my Nginx container is stored and I have another volume called storage I wanted to know if it was possible to configure Nginx to put the html and php files in the storage volume rather than app thank you!

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
In your app config, you need to look at the Storage (or Storage and Persistence) section and mount a directory (host path type) from wherever you want into the container at the specified location.

Seems that would get you exactly what you're asking for.

HikariNass

Cadet
Thank you for answering so quickly! even if I enter in host path /mnt/Storage/Public and Mount Path /mnt/Storage/Public/www the nginx page does not change it is always the same which congratulates us for having installed nginx we must not change the configuration of nginx if yes how do we access the .conf file through a pod shell thanks in advance

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
OK. We need to get some things straight here...

What container are you running (is it a custom app? or is it an app supplied from one of the catalogs?)

Are you just wanting to use the default config as provided by that container and insert your web contents into the directory it's already publishing? or are you really just interested in editing the config in a way that persists to point at your mounted content?

HikariNass

Cadet
OK. We need to get some things straight here...

What container are you running (is it a custom app? or is it an app supplied from one of the catalogs?)

Are you just wanting to use the default config as provided by that container and insert your web contents into the directory it's already publishing? or are you really just interested in editing the config in a way that persists to point at your mounted content?

No problem so to start I have 2 pools one called apps the other called storage I installed the docker image on the apps pool because it is an ssd but this pool is limited to 500GB however I would like the files for my website to be on Storage which has 4TB of storage and as my website is going to be quite heavy I would therefore like to store the files on the Storage pool, thank you very much for spending your time on me

Last edited:

LordJabu

Cadet
Hello everybody! so I have a volume called APP where my Nginx container is stored and I have another volume called storage I wanted to know if it was possible to configure Nginx to put the html and php files in the storage volume rather than app thank you!
It seems like you're trying to do the same thing as I am. I also made a post the other day having issues with host paths. It would be interesting to see if you run into the same problem I have.

HikariNass

Cadet
It seems like you're trying to do the same thing as I am. I also made a post the other day having issues with host paths. It would be interesting to see if you run into the same problem I have.

Actually it's the same problem I'm not a pro either I don't even know how to configure in the pod shell so it's already a bit complicated to find a solution I would like to try installing Apache to see if it works if you can do your mapping by any means let me know

sretalla