NFS share / Pytivo problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

philhu

Patron
I have a FreeNAS system, that a program called pytivo reads and displays the file structure on a Tivo.

It was working fine when the NAS was a Synology 1515+ or a QNAP863plus

But with the NAS being a very lightly used FreeNas, some directories do not show up on Pytivo, but do show on Plex. Example is my A-E folder which contains 292 folders of tv shows. Pytivo is showing 112

But the other 5 folders, have the correct inside folder counts.

Also, at one point my Movie, 'New Release' had 472 movies in it, but the Tivo showed 18!!! I manually moved the movies to another folder and it showed me 2 filenames that didn't work, and confused pytivo. I took them out, and that problem went away, but I do not want to have to worry everytime I add a show or movie

Based upon this happenning, there has to be a filename abort bug in Freenas or more likely Pytivo.

Anyone else running pytivo using a FreeNAS for the video data? Pytivo is running in a jail on the FreeNAS. Anything come to mind? BTW, a simple shell directory (ls) on the FreeNAS box shows them correctly

philhu

Patron
Yes, it is the localization
If there are international characters, it bombs the folder scan routine

To make it work, the startup script needs this line before pytivo python script starts:
export LANG=en_US.UTF-8

Status
Not open for further replies.