SOLVED Is pyTivo supposed to have a web interface?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoadHazard

Explorer
I've got pyTivo working -- it shows up on my TiVo HD box -- but I can't access it via <IP address>:9032 like you're apparently supposed to be able to. That's not a huge deal, but I wonder if it means that I've done something wrong.

For what it's worth, pyTivo lives in its own jail, which I created myself. It's the first "self made" jail I've done. All the other plugins came with their own PBI and thus created their own jails as part of the automated installation process. This one I had to do manually.

Speaking of which, creating a jail didn't go as smoothly as I'd expected. Selecting a generic jail install took a really long time (compared to the PBI's mentioned above) and created something called a 'standard' jail instead of a 'pluginjail' like all the others. I deleted that, downloaded the ../jails/9.3/x64/...-RELEASE.tgz and .mtree files and worked from those. I *assume* that creates a plugin jail much like all the others, but what do I know.

So... should I be able to see pyTivo from a browser?

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
A. When you create a manual jail it isn't SUPPOSED to be a plugin jail. It's not a plugin. This is by design. Why would you change that?

B. This isn't the pytivo forums, and that software doesn't exist as a plugin. I don't understand the reason to ask about it here. Seems more likely to get information from their docs and community.

RoadHazard

Explorer
A. When you create a manual jail it isn't SUPPOSED to be a plugin jail. It's not a plugin. This is by design. Why would you change that?

B. This isn't the pytivo forums, and that software doesn't exist as a plugin. I don't understand the reason to ask about it here. Seems more likely to get information from their docs and community.
Fair enough. I treated pyTivo like I treated all the other software I'd installed thus far, but as you point out, it's not technically a plug-in so I guess I shouldn't treat it as one. Point taken.
And yeah, I spent some quality time on the pyTivo forum before returning here, figuring that this problem might be specific to my FreeNAS configuration and the nice folks here would be more than likely to know what's wrong (or at least, to recognize the symptoms).

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Fair enough. I treated pyTivo like I treated all the other software I'd installed thus far, but as you point out, it's not technically a plug-in so I guess I shouldn't treat it as one. Point taken.
And yeah, I spent some quality time on the pyTivo forum before returning here, figuring that this problem might be specific to my FreeNAS configuration and the nice folks here would be more than likely to know what's wrong (or at least, to recognize the symptoms).
Treat every jail like a completely different computer on your network. ;)
My opinion is to use the regular jail and try again. Don't change the jail stuff. Just install your software and test. If pytivo is supposed to have a web gui, then it would work like any other software with a web gui

RoadHazard

Explorer
Okay, fixed it. It wasn't a jail or configuration problem at all. PyTivo requires the "http://" in front of its IP address, unlike every other plugin, app, and script running on the same FreeNAS box, all of which will happily respond to their IP address alone. (This is using IE 11.0).

Status
Not open for further replies.