NFS losing permissions

reSponse

Cadet
I am playing around with TrueNAS (12.0-U1) and encountered a strange behavior. I joined TrueNAS to my Active Directory and creating/accessing Windows shares from Windows 10 clients works perfect.

However I have problems with NFS shares which are accessed by CentOS 7 (7.9.2009) clients. I created a dataset "mixshare" with the settings which can be seen in the screenshot "nfs-dataset-settings". All users in AD group "EMEA\gg-herp-asic" should be able to access it and have all permissions. Sharing parameters for "mixshare" are default as can be seen in screenshot "nfs-share-settings". In the setting for the NFS service, I have to enable "Support >16 groups" as my users have a significant amount of AD group memberships, without enabling it won't work at all (see screenshot "nfs-service settings"). With these settings I mounted the NFS share within my CentOS 7 client and I can see it is mounted.

Now, if a user within the specified AD group accesses the share, he/she can execute commands (cd, mkdir, ls, ...) for a short period (some10 seconds). After that short period he/she only gets the message "Permission denied" although it has worked before. What is even more strange is the fact, that after some minutes, it is working again for a short period then the message "Permission denied" comes back again.

Has anyone experienced this issue, or even can tell me what I do wrong? Or even point me in a direction?

Attachments

• nfs-dataset-settings.png
    nfs-dataset-settings.png
    33.1 KB · Views: 203
  • nfs-service-settings.png
    nfs-service-settings.png
    43.9 KB · Views: 154
  • nfs-share-settings.png
    nfs-share-settings.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 165