Nextcloud write permission problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

David47295

Dabbler
Hey everyone,

So I wanted to try out Nextcloud on FreeNAS and see how it was. I'm able to open install the plugin, mount storage onto the associated jail and see my stuff on the Nextcloud web GUI. But I'm having this issue where I can't upload files using the web GUI. It just says "You don't have permission to upload or create files here" at the top when I try to add files to the storage that I mounted in my jail.

I found this thread which shows how to give write permissions to plugins but I haven't been able to get any solutions to work. Has anyone encountered this problem? If you managed fix it, how did you do it? By the way I'm using FreeNAS-9.2.1.9-RELEASE-x64 (2bbba09).

David47295

Dabbler
Yeah I found the solution to the problem myself. Turns out the default user and group for Nextcloud is www. So I just made that user and group the owner of my Nextcloud dataset and I was able to upload via the WebGUI. Though I would like to know how to change the default user and group for plugins.

T_T

Explorer
Yeah I found the solution to the problem myself. Turns out the default user and group for Nextcloud is www. So I just made that user and group the owner of my Nextcloud dataset and I was able to upload via the WebGUI. Though I would like to know how to change the default user and group for plugins.
I'm having the same problem. I'm also a newbie. Seem like you got everything working just to how you wanted it to. Could you help me in configure this whole nextcloud thing. Here is my storage setup:

-> ONE_BIG_VOL
-> ONE_BIG_VOL
Plex_dataset
Nextcloud_dataset
-> Jails
PlexPlugin
NextCloudPlugin

I set the source for nextcloud as /mnt/ONE_BIG_VOL/Nexcloud_dataset and I set the destination as /mnt/files

I wanted to create like 5 users: user1, 2, 3 and so on with user 1 being the admin. Each user will have their own folder. So when I login using the admin account I would be able to see everyone stuff and be able to write to everyone folder. For example (when logged into nextcloud I should see):
- user 1 folder
- user 2 folder
- user 3 folder
- user 4 folder
- user 5 folder

As for other users beside user 1. I wanted them to only see what they have within their folder like their music, videos, and document.
I have been able to enable to external storage and created some folder. but I can't upload or write to it. I got the same message as you did. Did you enable the external storage by any chance and how would you configure it within the nextcloud web interface itself ?
I'd really appreciate your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.