Nextcloud update 23.0.2

rladelman771

Cadet
So I am new to Truenas and have been using it for a month. I have been using a rasp pi for a few years, but would still consider myself a beginner. I have plex running and nextcloud on the truenas in jails. I had to install nextcloud from the command line using command: iocage fetch -P nextcloud -n "Directory Name". Nextcloud says it has an update to 23.0.2, but the plugin is still at 23.0.1. Should I wait for the plugin or try to update from inside Nextcloud. I have been updating Plex from the command line so its version is newer than the plugin and that has worked. Currently everything is functioning normally, no errors etc.

ddaenen1

Patron
Once you update from within nextcloud, you cannot update the plugin through TrueNAS anymore without breaking it, in my experience. Done that in the past and it broke the installation. Fact is that the plugin also updates other involved module which the update from within Nextcloud does not so in the end, so you will get stuck if a newer version from mysql or php is needed. I would stick to updating the plugin.

rladelman771

Cadet
Thanks, I kinda thought that was what happens with the plugin verses the gui update. If I run into problems with the plex, its easier to recreate than nextcloud.