Nextcloud plugin/jail disappeared!

francisaugusto

Contributor
Hi,

I am om FreeNAS 11-2 RC2.
I had Nextcloud installed as a plug-in and it was working fine. Today I wanted to access it and it wasn’t on the list of installed jails. On the list of installed plugins I got a index error from the interface.
On the terminal I see this when I run jls:

Code:
 JID  IP Address	  Hostname					  Path
	 1				  nextcloud					 /mnt/MyNAS/iocage/jails/nextcloud/root
%

I can run a shell on the jail via jexec, but can’t access nextcloud’s interface. Can’t even ping it.

Any tips?

Best,

Francis

francisaugusto

Contributor
There were two problems:
1 - the jail wasn't visible from the mobile phone browser (Safari)
2 - The jail wasn't get an IP address - I was always getting this "DHCP (not running)" message.

I then got into a shell on the jail via jexec and used dhclient epair0b, and then it got an IP.

However, any other plugin I try to install suffer from the same problem. Any hints?

francisaugusto

Contributor
Do you still have this issue?

It's on and off. What has happened is that jails that are created as plugins often disappear when I open a shell, for example.And the list of installed plugins get a "index out of range" error.

Sometimes the jails are back after a restart, sometimes they come back by themselves.
Also I can't seem to be able to ping anything other than the router or other jails. I doesn't ping or send anything outside. I am almost giving up and just installing a plain jail for nextcloud.

francisaugusto

Contributor
I think I found the problem. It seems that when the jail restart, it gets a different mac address. Since I have bound the mac address to an IP address on the dhcp server, it was preventing the jail to work.