FreeNAS 9.3 Plugin update failure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

blubberor

Dabbler
Hi everyone,
I have FreeNAS 9.3 running on a custom build machine.

I had 3 plugins installed: Plex, Emby and Nextcloud

Yesterday I tried to update Plex but it failes. After this initially I could not even open the plugins section and Plex did not work at all and was not listed in plugins any more. The jail disappeared from the Jails sections as well.

When I entered "jls" in terminal the Jail and mounting points for all jails were still there.
Code:
   JID  IP Address      Hostname                      Path

1  -                                             /mnt/NAS/jails/plexmediaserver_1

4  -               nextcloud_1                   /mnt/NAS/jails/nextcloud_1

7  -               emby_2                        /mnt/NAS/jails/emby_2

As I could not install Plex via Plugins section and I could not create a jail for "plexmediaserver_1" (does not pop up in jails although FreeNAS gives the output that it has been created).
Therefore I created a Jail called "plex_1" and installed plex this turorial via command line (https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...all-plex-in-a-freenas-9-3-jail-updated.19412/).
Now Plex works but is not listed as a running plug in in FreeNAS.
This is now my Jails that are popping up with jls command in terminal.
Code:

1  -                                             /mnt/NAS/jails/plexmediaserver_1

4  -               nextcloud_1                   /mnt/NAS/jails/nextcloud_1

7  -               emby_2                        /mnt/NAS/jails/emby_2

9  -               plex_1                        /mnt/NAS/jails/plex_1

Is there a way to get everything back again clean?
As I tried as well to remove the paths of plexmediaserver_1 and the .meta information I do not know a way how to setup everything in a clean way and would be thankful for any help.
I hope I gave you every important information.

Best and thanks,
Blubberor

Spencer Skinner

Contributor
I've had exactly the same issue I've also tried back dating to the old version of Plex media, I've tried re installing and disabling other plugins, tried disabling VIMAGE and nothing seems to work, do you also get the treemenu error come up on the console at the bottom? I've also created a post about it, I'll keep you update if I get anywhere with my issue

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

blubberor

Dabbler
if someone could point out how to manually delete a plugin completely as well as a corresponding jail including allocated space would help a lot.
best,
blubberor

asroman

Cadet
I also had the treemenu error and I think it helped to unflag the ipv6 autoconfiguration in each jail, also in the jail default configuration. For me it seems it was an ip conflict. Maybe it helps.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Spencer Skinner

Contributor
I also had the treemenu error and I think it helped to unflag the ipv6 autoconfiguration in each jail, also in the jail default configuration. For me it seems it was an ip conflict. Maybe it helps.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Ive tried both of those things you suggested, ive also assigned the jails IP's that i know arent used etc, none of that seemed to work unfortunately

blubberor

Dabbler
same for me. all jails already had own IPs.

right now I deleted everything manually and rebooted.
now jails are clean.
This is the terminal output to 'jls'
Code:

1  -               nextcloud_1                   /mnt/NAS/jails/nextcloud_1

2  -               emby_2                        /mnt/NAS/jails/emby_2

When I then try to install plex via plugins it fails at step 5 of 6 creating jail....
Code:
Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'/mnt/NAS/jails/plexmediaserver_1/.plugins/PLUGIN'

created directory manually
Code:
Error: [Errno 21] Is a directory: u'/mnt/NAS/jails/plexmediaserver_1/.plugins/PLUGIN'

Therefore still no idea what is wrong. wring directory permissions?
For the moment I am now using emby. But emby has sometimes problems with some media in my case that plex does not have.
Cheers and thanks,
blubberor

Status
Not open for further replies.