Unable to update Plex plugin after 9.10 upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleepy D

Dabbler
I recently upgraded my FreeNAS system to 9.10. I have been unable update the Plex plugin which is at version 0.9.12.19.1537, using the PBI plexmediaserver-0.9.12.19.1537-amd64.

I am currently unable to access the Plex GUI which should be accessable from my local network and it is showing offline when accessing via web to the users either via the web, IOS. or from my Xbox 360 app.

Below are the messages I receive after attempting the update:

May 16 11:51:26 freenas manage.py: [common.pipesubr:61] Popen()ing: /sbin/umount -f '/mnt/Beta/jails/plexmediaserver_1/mnt'
May 16 11:51:26 freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:37] [MiddlewareError: There was a problem creating the PBI]
May 16 11:52:09 freenas manage.py: [common.pipesubr:61] Popen()ing: /sbin/umount -f '/mnt/Beta/jails/plexmediaserver_1/mnt'
May 16 11:52:09 freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:37] [MiddlewareError: umount: /mnt/Beta/jails/plexmediaserver_1/mnt: not a file system root directory

Before I delete the plugin and re-install, is there and easier way or something else I should try? Tried posting on Plex forum and have not received any responses, hoping that this group can be more help full.

zed135

Cadet
I Deleted the Plex jail, and re-installed (at that time) the current Plex jail (which required me to correct 100+ posters & titles).
When the current update became available, the option came up to upgrade, but it failed at the 50% point (just like the last release) with an error of "Error: umount: /mnt/Pool01/jails/plexmediaserver_1/media: not a file system root".
The /Media is not a physical mount within the Plex tree. Why would it need (if it was a real mount) to unmounted the media directory.
The installation process of Plex created the jail, installed the application, and pointed itself to where the media fs was mounted. So why is it lost about mounted, and what is not mounted?
Deleting jails does not seem a readable way to update the code.

Sounds like you are actually using the Plugin vs a jail. Where were you storing your media before, how did you have the plugin able to access it? It almost sounds like you have the media in another plugin trying to then crossmount it in a new plugin.

You may want to first create a folder in the pool outside of the jail and move all the media into it. Then create an actual jail and try this guide to install it. https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...all-plex-in-a-freenas-9-3-jail-updated.19412/

I stopped using the plugin system but I think a couple things are not exactly working correctly when an upgrade from 9.3 to 9.10 was made.

Status
Not open for further replies.