Nextcloud installation config.php file

Psynapsx

Dabbler
Hello,

I recently installed TrueNAS and wanted to give Nextcloud a try.
However it seems I cannot even set it up.
I successfully installed and when I open the web gui I get the "access through untrusted domain".
I understand I should add my IP address to config.php.
But I do not have a config.php.
I don't have a snap folder, there is no www folder in /var I searched everywhere.
It seems the initial setup wizard creates it but I could not get to the wizard at http://localhost/nextcloud , cannot open it.

Why make all of this so complicated? As if like they want the users NOT TO USE their software.

G8One2

Patron
Dont use the plug in. Use danb35 script. It will auto install with everything you need

Psynapsx

Dabbler
thank you for the recommendation.
I like to do everything manually to fully understand what is happening.
I also don't need letsencrypt and auto renew

Psynapsx

Dabbler
The problem is when I go this step:

"Now, navigate to http://JAIL_IP/, i.e. http://192.168.0.10/ again to confirm you can see the setup screen for Nextcloud. If you can, well done! We’re most of the way there."

I do not see the setup screen... instead of the setup screen I get the ""access through untrusted domain" screen.

thierry333

Cadet
Dont use the plug in. Use danb35 script. It will auto install with everything you need

Hello,

Could you please tell me more about this script?

I'm really interrested on installing Nexcloud with SSL certificate in order to access securly to Nexcloud from everywhere but I'm a begginer and I'm not able to code. I saw the tutorial of Samuel Dowling but it is definitly to hard for me.

If I have good understood I must copy all the code available here: https://github.com/danb35/freenas-iocage-nextcloud/blob/master/nextcloud-jail.sh in my Truenas? Of course by adjusting some value to my network.

Thanks in advance

G8One2

Patron
Hello,

Could you please tell me more about this script?

I'm really interrested on installing Nexcloud with SSL certificate in order to access securly to Nexcloud from everywhere but I'm a begginer and I'm not able to code. I saw the tutorial of Samuel Dowling but it is definitly to hard for me.

If I have good understood I must copy all the code available here: https://github.com/danb35/freenas-iocage-nextcloud/blob/master/nextcloud-jail.sh in my Truenas? Of course by adjusting some value to my network.

Thanks in advance

ddaenen1

Patron
Hello,

I recently installed TrueNAS and wanted to give Nextcloud a try.
However it seems I cannot even set it up.
I successfully installed and when I open the web gui I get the "access through untrusted domain".
I understand I should add my IP address to config.php.
But I do not have a config.php.
I don't have a snap folder, there is no www folder in /var I searched everywhere.
It seems the initial setup wizard creates it but I could not get to the wizard at http://localhost/nextcloud , cannot open it.

Why make all of this so complicated? As if like they want the users NOT TO USE their software.

It is not all that complicated. There are a couple of small hurdles to overcome but once it runs, it runs really well and very stable. A minimum of FreeBSD knowledge does help alot. Like everybody else, you will have a config.php file. Open the shell in FreeNAS or TrueNAS (not within the jail).

Then navigate to /mnt/[your poolname]/iocage/jails/nextcloud/root/usr/local/www/nextcloud/config/ and see, there is your config.php file. Open it with your preferred editor (i use nano) and add your local IP to the trusted domain. Save and that its.

Scripted installs are good and easy but nothing to be learned from that. When i started with FreeNAS, i had zero knowledge of FreeBSD. In the meantime, i can help myself pretty well. I Have done several installs now of NC and even recovered a couple.

Psynapsx

Dabbler
It is not all that complicated. There are a couple of small hurdles to overcome but once it runs, it runs really well and very stable. A minimum of FreeBSD knowledge does help alot. Like everybody else, you will have a config.php file. Open the shell in FreeNAS or TrueNAS (not within the jail).

Then navigate to /mnt/[your poolname]/iocage/jails/nextcloud/root/usr/local/www/nextcloud/config/ and see, there is your config.php file. Open it with your preferred editor (i use nano) and add your local IP to the trusted domain. Save and that its.

Scripted installs are good and easy but nothing to be learned from that. When i started with FreeNAS, i had zero knowledge of FreeBSD. In the meantime, i can help myself pretty well. I Have done several installs now of NC and even recovered a couple.

thank you very much. Every other documentation I read mentioned a different location.

ddaenen1

Patron
thank you very much. Every other documentation I read mentioned a different location.

I know. That is that in most docs, a typical installation is considered. The FreeNAS installation is atypical.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Not so much a "typical" installation but a Linux based installation. The one mentioned above is standard when you install Nextcloud on FreeBSD, because /usr/local/www is the standard path for web applications on FreeBSD ...

I so hate this "every Unix is Linux" assumption ...

JoHapp

Dabbler
I recently installed NextCloud on Scale.
Also there I had some issues with configuring config.php

My way get it working:
1) Using the shell of TrueNAS I changed permissions of config.php to chmod 777 (I believe it was 640)
2) I activated a smb share for the mount in which nextcloud was installed
3) I edited the config.php with a normal editor (sublime) corresponding to the documenatation.
--
4) Changed permissions again back
5) deactivated the share.

Oogobuk

Cadet
I recently installed NextCloud on Scale.
Also there I had some issues with configuring config.php

My way get it working:
1) Using the shell of TrueNAS I changed permissions of config.php to chmod 777 (I believe it was 640)
2) I activated a smb share for the mount in which nextcloud was installed
3) I edited the config.php with a normal editor (sublime) corresponding to the documenatation.
--
4) Changed permissions again back
5) deactivated the share.
Hey JoHapp:... been working on getting Nextcloud through cloudflare for MONTHS... (I even gave up and added a zimaboard to my truenas scale).. do you happen to have an example of the config.php that is usable? Too many options in there that don't have good enough comments IMHO... I have no idea what i can delete, or if thoes other items are needed... all I want is to add trusted domain, so I can get to this stuff on the outside, but nothing is working for me, or I don't know what to put in there ... trying to get it to cloud.thebellamys.rocks

victort

Guru
Hi, so I really hope you aren’t using plugins, because they aren’t maintained.

Rather, use the Nextcloud script linked to in my signature.

Or are you using the Scale App?
If so, official or Truecharts?

Are you using Cloudflare tunnels?
Are you using port forwarding?
Is Cloudflare proxy turned on in your DNS settings?

Last edited:

G8One2

Patron