Nextcloud can't see database, unlike all guides

koschie

Cadet
I am trying to install nextcloud on our truenas installation and i'm following all the steps i find in all the GUI guides. I get this installation output after the title "installation installed successfully":

Install Notes:
nginx_enable: -> YES
mysql_enable: -> YES
php_fpm_enable: -> YES
Performing sanity check on nginx configuration:
Starting nginx.
Performing sanity check on php-fpm configuration:
Starting php_fpm.
Starting mysql.
Starting mysql.
ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 1: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '('R8xGHPDpFuZ7sDUl') WHERE User='root'' at line 1
Using NAT Address:
ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 1: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '('R8xGHPDpFuZ7sDUl') WHERE User='root'' at line 1
Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in the driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2054] The server requested authentication method unknown to the client
Trace: #0 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/ConnectionAdapter.php(69): OC\DB\Exceptions\DbalException::wrap()
#1 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/MySqlTools.php(60): OC\DB\ConnectionAdapter->executeQuery()
#2 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/MySqlTools.php(40): OC\DB\MySqlTools->isMariaDBWithLargePrefix()
#3 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Setup/MySQL.php(50): OC\DB\MySqlTools->supports4ByteCharset()
#4 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Setup.php(360): OC\Setup\MySQL->setupDatabase()
#5 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/core/Command/Maintenance/Install.php(108): OC\Setup->install()
#6 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Command/Command.php(255): OC\Core\Command\Maintenance\Install->execute()
#7 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(1009): Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run()
#8 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(273): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRunCommand()
#9 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(149): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun()
#10 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Console/Application.php(215): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run()
#11 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/console.php(100): OC\Console\Application->run()
#12 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/occ(11): require_once('/usr/local/www/...')
#13 {main}

Previous: Doctrine\DBAL\Exception: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in the driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2054] The server requested authentication method unknown to the client
Trace: #0 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Connection.php(1486): OC\DB\Connection->connect()
#1 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Connection.php(1014): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->getWrappedConnection()
#2 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php(226): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->executeQuery()
#3 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/ConnectionAdapter.php(66): OC\DB\Connection->executeQuery()
#4 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/MySqlTools.php(60): OC\DB\ConnectionAdapter->executeQuery()
#5 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/MySqlTools.php(40): OC\DB\MySqlTools->isMariaDBWithLargePrefix()
#6 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Setup/MySQL.php(50): OC\DB\MySqlTools->supports4ByteCharset()
#7 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Setup.php(360): OC\Setup\MySQL->setupDatabase()
#8 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/core/Command/Maintenance/Install.php(108): OC\Setup->install()
#9 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Command/Command.php(255): OC\Core\Command\Maintenance\Install->execute()
#10 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(1009): Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run()
#11 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(273): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRunCommand()
#12 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(149): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun()
#13 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Console/Application.php(215): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run()
#14 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/console.php(100): OC\Console\Application->run()
#15 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/occ(11): require_once('/usr/local/www/...')
#16 {main}
Nextcloud is not installed - only a limited number of commands are available
There are no commands defined in the "config:system" namespace.
There are no commands defined in the "config:system" namespace.
There are no commands defined in the "db" namespace.
Stopping phpfpm.
Waiting for PIDS: 90510.
Starting php_fpm.
Stopping nginx.
Waiting for PIDS: 90491.
Starting nginx.
Admin Portal:

I do the following afterwards: stop jail, set up mounting points, restart jail, then click "manage" in plugins. It just sends me to a page where i can make a new account and create a database

Truenas core version: TrueNAS-12.0-U3.1
Nextcloud version: 21.0.1

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't mind doing it manually but i don't know any of the steps. i'm familiar with linux, but i'm not sure how much that transfers to FBSD

Screenshot_2021-05-13_04-24-39.png

danb35

Hall of Famer

pc-magic

Cadet
Try following this guide worked for me after having same issues (Delete your nextcloud install first)