Nextcloud: cannot change application's options after upgrade

MAndreato

Cadet
Hi all, here is a newbie trying to setup a Nextcloud server on TrueNAS Scale.
Actually I've installed TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12-MASTER-20220618-232905 (from TrueNAS-SCALE-Bluefin-Nightlies) into a Windows 11 VirtualBox virtual machine host to experiment a bit before installing into a physical NAS (still evaluating hardware...).
Still confused about which catalog use for applications (Official vs TrueCharts vs Docker image), I've installed Nextcloud 24.0.2_1.6.1 from Official chart as it seems easier to setup and does not involve the TrueCharts overload. It really goes good!
Next, I upgraded it to 24.0.2_1.6.3, and now I want to activate "enable cronjobs for nextcloud" option but the "Save" button is disabled.

Save-diasabled.png

Documentation says that "Users can adjust the container settings by editing a deployed official container. Saving any changes redeploys the container." but it does not specify if this is valid also after an upgrade.

The Save button eventually gets back enabled after rollback to 24.0.2_1.6.1, but then the application becomes unusable, stuck on deploying phase...
Save-enabled.png

Finally, I've resolved reverting the VM to a snapshot before any app installation and then installed a fresh Nextcloud 24.0.2_1.6.3. Just wondering if it would be impossible to refine app's options again after the next upgrade.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
I'd suggest starting with released software 22.02.2 ... Bluefin is going to have most of the same bugs + extra ones for a while.

MAndreato

Cadet
Thanks for the suggestion but I think I'll continue testing on 22.12, just to get confidence with the same software I will install on the real NAS around Q4, when Bluefin should be released (this is a hobby: few effort, much elapsed :wink:).
I'd like to contribute with bug report if I can, so I'll see if the next 24.0.2_1.6.x (or 25.x) provocate the same behaviour then post here.

miyago

Cadet
I have the same problem but with the application Paperless-NG and it's ever since I upgraded to 22.02.2.

miyago

Cadet
Check if the app name is populated on the top, when trying to edit
It was but it gave me an idea for two other fields:
PAPERLESS_ADMIN_USER (First Install Only) *
PAPERLESS_ADMIN_PASSWORD (First Install Only) *

When I populated them I managed to save!
This is only for Paperless-NG app though

truecharts

Guru
Just to be 100% clear:
This is not app specific and NIGHTLY/MASTER is known to sometimes break.

@MAndreato Just use released software, BlueFin is not going to be a big change for single-node NAS users anyway.