Newbee support forum somewhere ?

Janus0006

Dabbler
Hi,
Is there a place, a forum, somewhere to help new TruNAS users ? This forum appears to be very helpfull to develop or report problem, but when we have simple question, where can we ask them? Or only search for problem someone else may already experienced.
As I have a kind of experience with Linux and NAS, I'm far from being very comfortable with this solution. But I'm experienced enough in IT in general to be able to get a good result, but with a bit of help and guide, maybe only the first step.

Example: curently, I'm unable to load the permission of my dataset. But only the dataset with AD permission sets. The AD is reported as healthy, (I'm able to list user and group via CLI), but having this issue

Probably not an issue to to open thread in this forum, but maybe a community may help me.
I also know Scale is new and the kb is not very mature, but maybe someone know a place/community to help me.

Thanks, (and even if I'm often confused, I really beleive in the product)

danb35

Hall of Famer
TrueNAS SCALE is very much in pre-release status, such that a "newbie" probably shouldn't be trying to use it at all. But if you have questions about it, this would be the place.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
My advice is provide detail... its just as likely to be a problem with how something is being done and some subtle sequence issue.

For example "unable to load the permissions".... describe the process you tried and the specific results. Try to document all the settings (e.g dataset) relevant to the procedure.

The forum rules are documented above and here: https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/forum-rules.45124/

Janus0006

Dabbler
Ok, newbee is maybe a bit of an exaggeration. I have good sysadmin knowledge, only not an expert in Linux, even if I can say i'm probably better than many people. But, i'm a newbee in TrueNAS ... I already tried in the past(few years) TrueNAS, but I don't know why, the ... "mentality", the way of doing things, was not fitting with my brain :(
And I know the area well enough to know that that having constantly basic question is somethime boring. And I consider this specific forum more for anvanced user/developpement of the app, that to be flooded of questions like mines (even if I know I have great potential of not beeing padawan for long)
I will continu to works on my system and searh here, and ask question if I cannot find.
Thanks all, and be sure I will be yours ... one day