Upgraded to Scale-22.12-RC.1 - No connection to all Catalogs, Sync is fine,but no available apps

bacardi8

Explorer
Hi Guys,

I'm not that experinced to Trunas Scale and to Linux, so I hope for some help/guidelines from you experts here.
I ran into some issues here, after my upgrade.
As I can see, there is some posts around here similar to my issue, but so far not really something that could help me out.

My Upgrade went very well, after restart all came up as normal, sync of catalogs and charts also runs very well , but there is no available applications,
and my apps is only deploying. I only have 3 apps (Emby, Plex, Jellyfin) installed, these are ready for updating, but updating these fail. (see picture).

I guess this is connection issues, but I did'nt change anything so maybe the upgrade change something regarding connections to catalogs and apps.

I hope someone could guide me a little on the way.

Emby Upgrade Fail.png

LarsR

Guru
No connection doesn't seem to be the problem.
Truecharts removed the PVC(simple) and Hostpath(simple) configuration options.
The last line in your error code states "invalid choice:"simpleHP", so edit your apps, change from pvc(simple) to pvc and the size of pvc to 999Gi, redo your hostpaths with regular hostpath instead of hostpath(simple) and your apps should deploy

bacardi8

Explorer
No connection doesn't seem to be the problem.
Truecharts removed the PVC(simple) and Hostpath(simple) configuration options.
The last line in your error code states "invalid choice:"simpleHP", so edit your apps, change from pvc(simple) to pvc and the size of pvc to 999Gi, redo your hostpaths with regular hostpath instead of hostpath(simple) and your apps should deploy
Hi LarsR,

Thanks for your quick answer, thats great
I will try that and let you know.

bacardi8

Explorer
Hi LarsR,

Thanks for your quick answer, thats great
I will try that and let you know.
Hi again,

Settings is now changed, (see picture).
Some of the mentioned settings seems to do something correct, I tried Emby only so far, now I was able to update Emby to newest version,
which was not possible before, but it is still deploying after 50 minutes.

Any suggestions on what else I could try..??

Emby New Settings.png

LarsR

Guru
Are you using the same path for hostpath and a smb share?
iX implemented a Hostpath validation that's been enabled by default.
If you use the same path for hostpath and smb share apps will get stuck.
You can uncheck hostpath validation at apps -> settings -> advanced settings and there uncheck "hostpath validation" to disable the security check, or alter your smb shares.

bacardi8

Explorer
Hi LarsR,

Great,
The uncheck of "hostpath validation" did it, Emby went active right away.
But how risky is that....???

Maybe as you mentioned, alter my smb shares is the better and more safe way...??
Could you guide me on how to do that..??

Cheers

LarsR

Guru
In my media Dataset there were 2 Sub Datasets called "Movies" and "Series"
I used /mnt/Media for smb shares and /mnt/Media/Movies and /mnt/Media/Series as hostpaths. That worked for me and i don't have problems with permissions

bacardi8

Explorer
Okay, I will try to play around with that.

Thanks a lot for your help so far.

bacardi8

Explorer
Another issue I still have left is that I can't access my available applications for whatever reason.

All sync tasks is succes, but if i want to go into available applications it looks like this forever :

Application Issue.png

LarsR

Guru
you could try to clear your browser cache and restarting the middleware from shell with the command "systemctl restart middlewared"

bacardi8

Explorer
hmmm........did not help so far.

Could someone tell me how to shell in to the different directories...??
I need to get into the config folder in Jellyfin.