New TrueNAS build Reporting graphs blank

bluebaz

Cadet
I built my TrueNAS box a few days ago with 12.0-U6.1 and then upgraded to TrueNAS-12.0-U7. Now my reporting charts are blank. Any ideas what to look for? I looked in /var/log/messages but didn't see anything obvious.

Last edited:

c77dk

Patron
which browser are you using? There's reports in the forums about chromium based browsers having problems, but firefox working

bluebaz

Cadet
I reverted back to TrueNAS-12.0-U6.1 and it's working fine. Will leave it there for a while. I didn't try firefox, but I just tried Chrome, Edge and Firefox on Windows and it's working now.

bluebaz

Cadet
Just to confirm, I rolled it forward again and Firefox does work fine, but Chrome and Edge do not.

MRC64

Cadet
bluebaz: Thanks for posting. I too did the same exact thing. Thought it was something that I managed to screw up, but was relieved to see that someone else was experiencing the same issue. I also stumbled upon the fact that it was also broke in Edge, but for some reason seemed to work in Firefox. At that point today, I figured it to be some kind of bug. Thank you elvisimprsntr for posting the known issue. Was glad to see the ixsystems are aware of the issue.

raidflex

Guru
How does this issue get past QC, 2 of the 3 major browsers are Chromium based, I really do not understand that? Really should be no excuse for missing this bug on a production build like this, obviously browsers were not tested. And it says slated for Truenas 13 really? There should be a hotfix for this.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
How does this issue get past QC, 2 of the 3 major browsers are Chromium based, I really do not understand that? Really should be no excuse for missing this bug on a production build like this, obviously browsers were not tested. And it says slated for Truenas 13 really? There should be a hotfix for this.

This is due to an unfortunate coincidence of events. U7 was tested against Chromium 95, and there were no problems discovered. It was released at the same time as Chromium 96, which is where we saw the issue. I don't see how iX could test U7 against Chromium 96 before it was released. As for a hotfix, 12.0-U7.1 will include a fix. We'll have further details next week from iX.

Last edited:

raidflex

Guru
This is due to an unfortunate coincidence of events. U7 was tested against Chromium 95, and there were no problems discovered. It was released at the same time as Chromium 96, which is where we saw the issue. I don't see how iX could test U7 against Chromium 96 before it was released. As for a hotfix, 12.0-U7.1 will include a fix. We'll have further details next week from iX.

Yeah that is unfortunate, sorry if I came off rude it just felt like such an oversight but I understand Chromium 96 was not out so that does make sense. Great to hear that a fix will be in 12.0-U7.1, I thought we would have had to wait until 13 so this is good news.

Koskee

Cadet
Any updates on this?
One week from Dec 13 would be Dec 20 (+leeway for Christmas break, obv) - but its Jan 23 already

jgreco

Resident Grinch
@Samuel Tai said further details in about a week, not a release.

More discussion at

Koskee

Cadet
@Samuel Tai said further details in about a week, not a release.

More discussion at

10-4, thanks.