New to Truenas with a few questions

• Thread starter Deleted member 108867
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 108867

I have recently downloaded TrueNAS v12 to evaluate if it can replace my existing WHS2011 server. I started with a single 2tb hdd and have setup a pool with the single drive and 3 datasets with an open ACL. I have also created 4 users and given each user a unique to them folder under one of the datasets, so far all good. Now to my questions...........

1. I have added a second 2tb hdd to the pool, it has expanded the pool to approx. 3.7tb but I was expecting the second drive to mirror the first but it can't have done that as the pool has doubled in size.

2. In Windows10 I can see the shares and can create and delete items but I can not copy a directory into any dataset share without creating a folder first and then copying the files into the created folder. Once done I can copy folders into the newly created folder.

3. For some reason a couple of the user folders when viewed in Windows have some small files, they look like system files, in them which i presume TrueNAS put there as I didn't, why would that happen?

This is all very new to me and seems very complex.

Thanks

D

Deleted member 108867

An update, if anyone is interested........

Issue 1 resolved by reinstalling TrueNAS from scratch and adding both drives to the pool at once, hopefully I won't be reinstalling the software every time I want to add a new hdd.

Issue 2 is unresolved but I can workaround it.

Issue 3 hasn't returned since the reinstall so dont know what happened there.