New Subsonic/Madsonic Plugins (11.2) Can't Change Admin Password From Default

underpickled

Contributor
I've tried installing the new madsonic and subsonic plugins, and the first thing you're supposed to do is change the admin password from the default. However it simply doesn't work. I've tried in both plugins with no success. After putting in the new PW and clicking "save" it logs out and asks for the login info. New PW doesn't work, only the default.

D

dlavigne

Were you able to resolve this? If not, which browsers have you tried and are they running any sort of adblock? Also, anything in /var/log/messages when the password change doesn't take?

underpickled

Contributor
I was using Firefox at the time... It didn't occur to me to try and disable adblocks. I have a working subsonic plugin running and never have this problem, but since it was installed under an older FreeNAS version, it can't be managed or viewed in the new interface so I thought I'd try to migrate to a new one. I gave up after not having any luck with either plugin, but I can try a different browser or disable my extensions if you think it will make a difference.

D

dlavigne

If it doesn't make a difference it's worth reporting at bugs.freenas.org as it may be an issue with the iocage-style plugin (older plugins used warden).