New Build September 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stux

MVP
On my SRi-F FAN A is the peripheral fan connector. You can tell because if you set the fan mode to heavy IO then the FANA connector spins up to 80% or so. Where as in Standard/Optimal it follows the other headers, ie its CPU temp based.

IIRC FAN1/2 (or was it 0/1) are recommended for CPU fan coolers... and they're near the CPU socket too.

FANA is near the PCI sockets... where you expect it to be used...

rovan

Dabbler
The text order is what I went by. it lists FAN1 - 5, FANA as system / cpu. happy to try fan1 again. perhaps the issue was that I was actually using FanA... ? Anyway thanks for the help.

Stux

MVP
The text order doesn't seem to jive with reality, and I believe there is a supermicro FAQ which documents this

rovan

Dabbler
The noctua NH-F12 fans I have stall at 30% duty cycle on the FANA header. when they are on the CPU1-5 pins they spin nicely along with the exact same thresholds. I wonder if there is a way to set a higher minimum duty cycle (like 35% or something :P) btw loving the hybrid _fan_controller script. seems to work well!

Stux

MVP
The noctua NH-F12 fans I have stall at 30% duty cycle on the FANA header. when they are on the CPU1-5 pins they spin nicely along with the exact same thresholds. I wonder if there is a way to set a higher minimum duty cycle (like 35% or something :p) btw loving the hybrid _fan_controller script. seems to work well!

If you're using the script, it shouldn't matter. It puts the fans to 100% and then varies them down no lower than 30% (by default). You can vary the minimum duty cycle, so just set it to 35% or something in the script config section.

rovan

Dabbler
Yep done. Thanks! I setup a bunch of scripts from the collection, now I get emails with information on a schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.