New 16GB DIMMs bring ASRock C2750D4I to 64GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
ASRock is currently testing the 16 Gigabyte ECC "unbuffered" DDR3 DIMMs from http://www.intelligentmemory.com/dram-modules/dram-modules.php?tab=01
The board can then upgraded to a total of 64 GB.

Intel updated the BIOS for their Atom C2000 'Avoton' series to support those modules.

Intelligent Memory also has SO-DIMMs with 16GB (with and without ECC) that should be usuable on other C2000 platforms like the one from Supermicro or others.

They said the modules are also compatible to any AMD based platforms as their BIOS is already supporting DDR3 16GB modules.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
While we certainly appreciate the update, I suggest that you may wish to disclose your relationship to a chip manufacturer... this helps avoid conflict of interest issues while simultaneously adding credibility to the information you provide.

I, for one, am going to have a very difficult choice to make soon. I have lusted after an awesome ZFS based iSCSI SAN appliance, fast, low power, etc., and I am seriously thinking that Avoton plus 64GB RAM plus a 512GB L2ARC SSD plus a pool of 2.5" HDD's in mirrored vdev's, striped, is the way to go. Probably including a RAID controller to abuse for SLOG ... anyways the ASRock board looks like the winner right now.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
I actually am inclined to not do business with them now, to be honest. If you want to advertise on freenas.org, you should pay. Organic, unplanned, user recommendations based upon positive experiences are fine. But, a shill from the company not disclosing his affiliation and putting up an ad?

Perhaps the admins should delete the original post.

In the future OP, I think a message like this:

"I am representing I'M (Intelligent Memory, LLC), and we'd like to let the FreeNAS community know that we will soon be making available 16GB ECC memory modules that meet the specifications of many FreeNAS users. Anyone interested in learning more is welcome to visit our website."
is totally non-objectionable.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
I didn't say he was representing THAT company. I am unclear on what the relationship might be, and don't care enough to investigate, but I will note that I have reason to associate the user with /A/ memory mfr.

I think we might reasonably be interested in the information and may be one of the unusual groups interested in large memory on Atom, so the update is at least appropriately aimed. I just would prefer disclosure of any potential conflicts of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.