Network is almost dead, Please Help! Need to transfer the data faster, SMB is extremely slow

DancingShinryu

Dabbler
I have had a unplanned network outage in my area which has dropped the internet speed down to only 4 mbps. I'm currently trying to back up all my movies to a 3.5" SATA offline disk. I do have room to connect it to my NAS via SATA, but I am not use to copying this way. I need to backup all the data from the storage pool to the HDD without formatting the HDD. It currently has the other half of the movie collection.

Edit: It seems it has something to do with my network connection. I don't understand this, I have done this backup before and was easily able to get around 50 MBps, but now I'm struggling to keep 4 MBps. I have refreshed both my NBN modem and my router. I've done internet tests and it turns out that my speed is still very good. Runnings around 140 MBps. So I don't understand why the NAS has suddenly decreased. I have included the logs. Thank you.

Edit 2. My network card is ASUS ‎XG-C100C. Router is a TP-Link Archer AX73. My NAS is connected via Ethernet to a Ethernet Powerline adapter. I’m running the SMB copy transfer on a Windows 10 PC. I have tested to see if Moving the files would speed it up, but the speed is the same as copying.

Attachments

• debug-truenas-20220210192108.tgz
    852.2 KB · Views: 103
Last edited: