Network Access Locked after first application install - Have CLI Access

HomeLabPilot

Cadet
Looking for assistance to recover from this no-network access...

Running Scale 23.10.2 and have primarily used the system for SMB shares. It's ran flawlessly till this point. Today, I decided to explore the applications and start with NextCloud. I initiated the install process through the GUI and while I started filling out the form with username, password, etc for NextCloud in the TrueNAS GUI, the webpage shutdown and I lost access. Also, all my SMB shares are down.

When I restart, I get about a minute of Web GUI access then the network locks up again. It appears it has something to do with Kubernetes and the Apps which appear to be loading. I also see the following in my CLI access on my headless installation, but it could be a red herring.

1709080535784.png

At least I have CLI access, but how can I enter a "safe-mode" or at least turn off Kubernetes to see if that is causing this network issue?

It's frustrating to say the least that all I did was initiate an APP install, and this is what happens....

chuck32

Guru
Is the IP displayed above the message still correct?

Enter 1 to configure network interfaces and 2 for network settings (I'd check that first).

I don't think the bridge itself will prevent you from accessing the UI.

HomeLabPilot

Cadet
Is the IP displayed above the message still correct?

Enter 1 to configure network interfaces and 2 for network settings (I'd check that first).

I don't think the bridge itself will prevent you from accessing the UI.
Did that an all is configured correctly. I even added a second NIC adapter which gave the system a second IP address, both became locked and inaccessible after 30-45 seconds once Kubernetes Apps loaded.

As an update, since I had a 30-45 second window of web GUI access after booting, I was able to quickly navigate to the apps screen and "unset pool" which then stopped this vicious loop. Whatever got messed up, it dealt with Kubernetes apps and the network interface as I suspected.

Too close of a call for me, but I'm frustrated that the CLI documentation is weak on how to deal with Kubernetes in the CLI. Let's say for example, all I needed to do was unset the pool from the CLI if the web GUI was completely locked, the documentation doesn't indicate how unless somehow, I'm missing a whole section where it explains this procedure.