Can't access GUI after Tailscale config change

ericnotthered

Dabbler
I was running the official Tailscale app on Scale until recently when I was trying some configuration changes to enable replication over the Tailscale VPN.

The changes I made were to disable userspace and enable it as an exit node. This was not successful, so I turned off the exit node. After that change, I am unable to access the Truenas GUI, or any of the apps through their normal ports.

I have tried stopping the tailscale app from the CLI using approach referenced in this post: https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/starting-and-restrting-apps-from-cli.97969/

The command was: k3s kubectl -n ix-tailscale scale --replicas=0 deploy tailscale
Output was: deployment.apps/tailscale scaled

I tried accessing the GUI immediately after this, and also after rebooting the system. In both cases the GUI URL times out.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone could assist with how to recover from this.

Thanks.

Last edited:

ericnotthered

Dabbler
Unfortunately, I did not and needed to do a reinstall.

One option that occurred to me afterwards was to try disabling the routing and exit node settings for the server on the Tailscale site. You might want to try that if you haven't already.

Good luck. If you find a solution please post it here for others.

flammen

Dabbler
I ran into the same issue with the TrueCharts Tailscale app. I could access the TrueNAS GUI again after I disabled the route/subnet of the Tailscale app in the Tailscale web console (login.tailscale.com).