Need tmux help, please

diedrichg

Wizard
  • FreeNAS 11.3-U3.2
  • Supermicro X10SLM-F-O uATX
  • Intel Xeon E3-1270 v3
  • Kingston 32GB (8GB x 4) ECC w/Hynix DRAM, 1333MHz, 1.5V - KVR1333D3E9SK2/16G
  • LSI 9207-8i HBA in IT, 20.00.07.00 firmware
  • (6) WD 8TB helium (new infant drives)
  • (4) WD Red 2TB in RaidZ2
  • Boot drive: Supermicro 16GB SATADOM - SSD-DM016-PHI
The Facts
I recently purchased a LSI 9207-8i in IT mode with 20.00.07.00 firmware. I also purchased (6) 8TB WD Easystore external drives and shucked them. I installed the HBA, along with the new drives, into my FreeNAS box. I started a new tmux session and created a new pane for each drive CTRL+b c. I then ran badblocks with the command badblocks -b 4096 -ws /dev/adaX

I successfully detached from my session with CTRL+b d. The next day I reattached to the tmux session and was able to cycle through all six panes. I then attempted to detach tmux but mistakenly used CTRL+b x on pane 0. This of course closed pane 0.

The Questions
Now that the pane is closed, did it kill the badblocks on that drive?!?

If badblocks is still running, how do I get the status of its progress?

How do I reopen the pane that was x'd?

Last edited:

colmconn

Contributor
Unless your detached it from the terminal and put it in the background, then yes, that badblocks run is dead.

Did you look through the output of ps aux and count the number of badblocks instances running/match them to the drives you know you started badblock instances on?

diedrichg

Wizard
Unless your detached it from the terminal and put it in the background, then yes, that badblocks run is dead.

Did you look through the output of ps aux and count the number of badblocks instances running/match them to the drives you know you started badblock instances on?
Sure enough, there are only 4 badblock services running out of my 6 drives. Since I ran badblocks in -ws mode, did I hose those two drives?

diedrichg

Wizard
Thanks so much for your help!