Need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Milyard

Patron
I am running 11.U4. Updated to Prerelease and after doing so my server comes up and I can ping it. After about 3 mins ping stops and can't reach it. Also some other issue. Not when I boot back into U4 still have some issues.

So I have 3 different volumes. I have one just for Media on 16 drives, Backups on 4 drives and 1 512gb SSD for my plugins. I have running all Joshua Ruehlig Media Plugins on the SSD.

My question is can I put new USB Thumb drive in and reinstall 11.U4 and then just import my volumes and plugins/jails without having to do the whole plugin install and setup?

danb35

Hall of Famer
My question is can I put new USB Thumb drive in and reinstall 11.U4 and then just import my volumes and plugins/jails without having to do the whole plugin install and setup?
Sure. And then upload your saved config file, and you'll be back where you started. Or better yet, reboot the server, log into the web GUI, and select the boot environment for 11.0-U4.

Ray Milyard

Patron
Sure. And then upload your saved config file, and you'll be back where you started. Or better yet, reboot the server, log into the web GUI, and select the boot environment for 11.0-U4.

Tried rebooting still have the issues.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Tried rebooting still have the issues.
What issues? All you've said is that after about 3 minutes you can't ping it. Can you reach the web GUI at all? If so, during those few minutes when you can, do what I said and revert to 11.0-U4.

wblock

Documentation Engineer
Please describe your hardware. This could be a configuration problem, a network problem, a memory problem, a power supply problem...

Ray Milyard

Patron
Please describe your hardware. This could be a configuration problem, a network problem, a memory problem, a power supply problem...

Intel s1200btl board with 16gb DDR ECC ram. Intel Xeon E31275 CPU. Has 2 IBM M1015 SAS cards. Just installed Intel X520-DA1-10 Gbe-Single Port NIC. After installing this random errors started. Getting bunch of CPU Overheat errors and can't read state etc. Was told to try Prerelease 11.1 and still get errors and when on RC3 get the NIC error stated before. Just thinking rolling back to clean state wouldn't be back idea. Also tried Nighties without much luck.

Also now after rolling back to U4 I can't update plugins. I get this error now:

Request Method: POST
Request URL: http://10.0.1.100/plugins/plugin/update/1/
Software Version: FreeNAS-11.0-U4 (54848d13b)
Exception Type: MiddlewareError
Exception Value:
[MiddlewareError: b'There was a problem creating the PBI']
Exception Location: ./freenasUI/middleware/notifier.py in update_pbi, line 2548
Server time: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 08:11:25 -0700
Traceback

Environment: Software Version: FreeNAS-11.0-U4 (54848d13b) Request Method: POST Request URL: http://10.0.1.100/plugins/plugin/update/1/ Traceback: File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/exception.py" in inner 39. response = get_response(request) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in _legacy_get_response 249. response = self._get_response(request) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in _get_response 178. response = middleware_method(request, callback, callback_args, callback_kwargs) File "./freenasUI/freeadmin/middleware.py" in process_view 162. return login_required(view_func)(request, *view_args, **view_kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view 23. return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs) File "./freenasUI/plugins/views.py" in plugin_update 238. if notifier().update_pbi(plugin=iplugin): File "./freenasUI/middleware/notifier.py" in update_pbi 2548. raise MiddlewareError("There was a problem creating the PBI") Exception Type: MiddlewareError at /plugins/plugin/update/1/ Exception Value: [MiddlewareError: b'There was a problem creating the PBI']

Request information
GET
No GET data

__form_id 'form_str'
FILES
No FILES data

COOKIES
Variable Value
fntreeSaveStateCookie 'root%2Croot%2F175%2Croot%2F176%2Croot%2F183'
csrftoken 'OPzRt38x7bAc1dBYPOiYxdXxKArDRx46C1tallSCDby3kZ28INNdvyTjoG3jp9oW'
sessionid 'zknsvamd3oqit3iukrbvbdtslnbxf31q'
META