how to delete old jails/dockers/plugin remnants

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigMike

Dabbler
I started with FreeNas on 9.10, updated to Corral, fell back, and am currently on 11.1-U4. At various times I had Plex and logitech media server running via plugin, and experimented with running in jails. Under Corral I had a number of docker containers running, that I did not delete via the GUI before leaving corral. I currently have no jails, plugins or docker containers running - but I'm wondering if there are remnants (possibly pretty large in the case of plugins with a lot of metadata) still on my system. Can anyone tell me the path(s) to where FreeNas was likely to have put that stuff by default? I'm assuming that if I knew where to look, i could browse my file system and delete old remnants without any issues?

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Can anyone tell me the path(s) to where FreeNas was likely to have put that stuff by default? I'm assuming that if I knew where to look, i could browse my file system and delete old remnants without any issues?
With the warden jails, you had to specify your 'jail root' and everything should have been installed there. At one point, I had a separate pool for my jails and right now I have a dataset in my main storage pool, so it really depends on where you had the system store the data.
If nothing is using it, it should be pretty easy to delete it.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
There is no default path. It's whatever dataset you chose. You can destroy that dataset if you don't care about any of it.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Should look like this:
upload_2018-3-24_12-22-37.png

Status
Not open for further replies.