cleanup from Corral, can't delete zvol dataset is busy

Status
Not open for further replies.

moldboy

Dabbler
Hi. I recently fresh installed FreeNAS 11 after getting tired of the endless Corral bugs. After install I remounted my pool and everything has been great since. I'm trying to clean up the detritus that Corral left behind and I've hit a wall. I can't delete/destroy the storage/vm dataset. When I do it says that storage/vm/nextcloud_1/os is busy. nextcloud_1 was a VM I was running under Corral. I don't have any VMs in 11 currently and as far as I can tell nothing should be touching that zvol.

Other posts have suggested:
1. iscsi share locking it: i don't have/never have had a iscsi share
2. NFS share locking it: I don't know how to mount a zvol as an NFS share, but all the same I've tried stopping the NFS and SMB services. Still locked.
3. Restart: I've restarted. Still locked.

I've tried deleting from the GUI and using zfs destroy -R storage/vm. Same error both ways.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
No confirmation prompt appears with the destroy subcommand. Use it with extreme caution. If the file system to be destroyed is busy and cannot be unmounted, the zfs destroy command fails. To destroy an active file system, use the -f option.

moldboy

Dabbler
No confirmation prompt appears with the destroy subcommand. Use it with extreme caution.

You can say that again. I get nervous every time I try running it.

Unfortunately even with -f I still get "cannot destroy 'storage/vm/nextcloud_1/os': dataset is busy"

toadman

Guru
Is there a snapshot hold on it, or dependents? You might try "zfs destroy -r ..." and if needed "zfs destroy -R ..."

Status
Not open for further replies.