Need help in FreeNAS and win10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmed Nomads

Cadet
I`ve 26 Win 10 PCs connected as workgroup in my company and using freenas for sharing the projects , some machine separately cannot access the freenas .

my question is : is there a limit of machines can connect in the same time on the network to freenas ??
and what should I do if there are a limit ??!

Note: "I using smb share"

BloodyBonkers

Dabbler
I am relatively inexperienced in this field, but I will attempt to help you out.
is there a limit of machines can connect at the same time on the network to freenas ??
Not as far as I know. I have heard of SMB shares with hundreds of users.

Can you specify what the problem is?
  • Are multiple computers affected by the issue? The same computers/users every time?
  • Are the computers unable to connect at all? or can they read files and not edit?
  • Any error messages?
  • Have you set permissions properly? Take a look here
  • What version of FreeNAS are you running?

Last edited:

hervon

Patron
In my case, I noticed some (but not all) win 10 PCs need to have smb1 installed to see freenas in the network window in explorer. I could reach freenas by entering the address manually in windows though. You can add it in the 'programs and features' control panel. Choose windows optional features in the left pane.

wblock

Documentation Engineer
some (but not all) win 10 PCs need to have smb1 installed to see freenas
Which version of FreeNAS is being used? Have you changed the defaults? Newer versions ship with SMB1 disabled by default for security reasons.

hervon

Patron
Which version of FreeNAS is being used? Have you changed the defaults? Newer versions ship with SMB1 disabled by default for security reasons.

FN 11.1.U5. The issue was on the windows machines.

wblock

Documentation Engineer
The issue was on the windows machines.
Sure. Both FreeNAS and Windows 10 disable SMB1 by default. It can be enabled, but is strongly discouraged. The question would be what is going on with the machines that act like they need it. It being Windows and all, I would recommend checking those systems with several different antivirus scanners. Windows 10 should not need or want SMB1.

Ahmed Nomads

Cadet
I found the problem there was another pc on my network have the same ip and i changed it
now it work well but the network still slow after i changed the lan card

Status
Not open for further replies.