Nas freezes weekly during the same time.

Qu4n7um

Cadet
Hello,

I recently build myself a nas. During the week it's working like a charm, but every time on the night of saturday - sunday, the system "freezes" completely.
When I connect a monitor to it, it doesn't show any error. Connecting a keyboard doesn't do anything either nor does it update it.
Only hard resetting helps. It's been doing this for a few weeks now.

B450-i Aorus pro wifi
Ryzen 5 1600
16GB memory
4*3tb in raidz2

You need to provide a lot more detail if you want forum members to take a closer look at your post e.g. Is ECC RAM used? Is a UPS connected? What tasks (scrubs, S.M.A.R.T. tests) are running Sat night? etc.

Make sure you read the forum rules. It will guide you on forum etiquette.

tn06.jpg

ThreeDee

Guru
Hello,

I recently build myself a nas. During the week it's working like a charm, but every time on the night of saturday - sunday, the system "freezes" completely.
When I connect a monitor to it, it doesn't show any error. Connecting a keyboard doesn't do anything either nor does it update it.
Only hard resetting helps. It's been doing this for a few weeks now.

B450-i Aorus pro wifi
Ryzen 5 1600
16GB memory
4*3tb in raidz2
try turning PBO off in BIOS .. if that doesn't help there was a redditer post'r that said his issues with Ryzen and Linux were solved by enabling "deep sleep states" in the BIOS, might help with TrueNAS .. might not

Otherwise you can disable Cool&Quiet and C6 states and see if that helps

HoneyBadger

actually does care
Administrator
iXsystems
Otherwise you can disable Cool&Quiet and C6 states and see if that helps
C6 power saving and Ryzen is a known problem on FreeBSD. Definitely disable this power saving state in your BIOS @Qu4n7um