Steam update make NAS unresponsive

Liggy

Cadet
This is my first time doing anything with a NAS so I have basically no idea what I'm doing.

I put together my NAS to use as storage for media and for storing steam games. The first error I was getting while transferring the games to the NAS. I had to transfer one at a time because if I tried transferring multiple at a time with the steam storage manager when a game finished moving steam would verify the files while moving another game, and the NAS would become unresponsive.

When it goes unresponsive trying to connect to the IP doesn't work and trying to open the network drive gives me an error,

Restoring Network Connections

An error occurred while reconnecting G: to
\\192.168.1.001\Drive Name
Microsoft Windows Network: The local device name is already in use.

This connection has not been restored.

Sometimes I can connect a keyboard and reboot it, other times I have to hard restart it.

Now I have all the files transferred but updating the game files on steam doesn't work for large updates. It writes for a couple seconds, stops, couple seconds, stops, then goes unresponsive. Small updates are fine, but for larger updates steam gives me a Disk Write Error and the NAS goes unresponsive and has to be manually reset. For very large updates, 5GB or more from what I've seen, I have to reset the NAS multiple times and then steam gives me a Content File Locked error and I have to restart steam.

System
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI (rev. 1.0) Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard
CPU: Ryzen 5 2400G
RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200
Hard Drives: 3 Seagate EXOS Enterprise 14 TB in RAIDZ and Samsung 980 250 GB boot drive
Truenas Version: TrueNAS-12.0-U8.1

Nick2253

Wizard
I'd guess that it's the Realtek NIC that is in the motherboard. Get a PCIe Intel NIC and you'd be golden.

Liggy

Cadet
I'd guess that it's the Realtek NIC that is in the motherboard. Get a PCIe Intel NIC and you'd be golden.
Looking back that's probably it. I'm reusing parts from an old build and I remember having issues with the internet. Thank you, I'll do that.