BUILD My First NAS - ECC "NOT" on low budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z300M

Guru
Where did you see this recommendation? I looked at the tested memory list and I only see Hynix, Samsung, and Micron. Maybe you have a link where they recommend this? I'm searching the FreeNAS forums to see if anyone has been able to use any other memory not on the tested list. I know very little about the tested ones. I am unfamiliar with Hynix and thought Micron went out of business years ago. I'm leaning towards buying the Samsung modules at this point.
Micron is definitely still in business:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micron_Technology

and, having bought Elpida, claims to be one of the only three major RAM manufacturers in the world, the other two being South Korean (presumably Hynix and Samsung).

ran

Dabbler
Well, this is interesting. It appears that this CT2KIT102472BA160B is listed by Crucial as being guaranteed compatible with the X10SL7-F board. Oddly, as Z300M has pointed out, Micron is still around, and they are Crucial Technologies. I have not purchased this memory yet, but as it's available on Amazon with all the other parts, I will probably do just that.

I wonder if anyone else has been brave enough to purchase this ram and install it. And if so, did it work?

*edit And it looks like someone bought some from Amazon:

Satisfied with this RAM
By S. Currier on March 10, 2014

Amazon Verified Purchase
Works great with my Supermicro X10SL7-F motherboard and Intel i3-4130 processor. I ran memtest on it for a few passes and it seems to be solid. Listed as compatible by Crucial for this motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.