Multi VLAN Setup driving me crazy

SofaKingBoring

Dabbler
Hello erveryone!

I really need some help...
I'm neither a professional administrator nor a sophisticated amateur, but I have my Proxmox Hypervisor running with guests in 5 different VLANs and also docker running on a host with containers in different VLANs on the same host.

But my first TrueNAS Scale setup is driving me nuts, just with the basic setup!
I have spent several days on this with little success, so I hope someone can point me to my idiocy:
I'd like to start simple with 2 VLANs: 101 (Server/Management) and 102 (Client/AD).

I failed to get even the simplest setup running until I stumbled accross THIS post and the corresponding VISIO.
This was more or less the opposite of what I was trying before (phys. interface -> bridge -> VLAN(s) how I'm used to from proxmox).

network_1.JPG

VLANs have parent interface eno1, br102 has member vlan102
This works so far, WebGUI is bound to 10.12.1.202.
I have a Test VM running, connected to br102 with static IP that's working as well.
Because my Servers/VMs generally reside in vlan101 (same as the WebGUI) I want to move my test VM to vlan101, which would require a br101 with vlan101 as a member.
As soon as I do this, I lose access to the GUI, while the rest continues to work, as far I could see.

I'm either doing something fundamentally wrong, or it's just a tiny problem with the GUI configuration.
Either way I'm lost.

Thanks and Regards
Chris

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
If you're assigning a bridge to the interface where TrueNAS is running (and in general if you want broadcast to work properly) you need to assign the IP address of TrueNAS to the bridge, not the VLAN.

SofaKingBoring

Dabbler
After some hiccups with my test VM that actually worked!
I have VMs running in both VLANs now and GUI works as well.
Thank you very much.

It took me so much time, that I was not thinking clearly anymore, although I'm pretty sure I tried it like that before :oops: (of course.)
Anyway thanks again.

sretalla